Fortyfication Issue No. 1

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I just took a look at our website, and followed the link to the Fortyfication Issue No. 1, great nostalgia.

Is there anybody in that group photo within our midsts today? Can anyone recognise/name a number of these people?

Cheers,

Max

Are you able to post the picture? I dont have it to hand but I was a member then. I wasnt able to get to the first meeting but might be able to remember a few faces.

Apologies for not replying sooner but my daughter hogs the computer. Hard to make out whos there but I can see Chris Hunt who lives nr Chester and still has his car (not finished yet) Simon Osbourne, John Reynolds, Rob Bloom must be in there somewhere and of course Ray Christopher who started the club. Not sure if Ken Attwell is in the picture (the man who started the whole replica40 thing ) but he did come to meetings when I was there so I`ll have a closer look. Theres loads of faces I recognise but can`t remember all the names right now so I`ll root out some old mags to see if they are mentioned. I`m not there but was at most of the following meetings. I`ve got a couple of newsletters from before the club was officially formed. Ray Christopher wrote to us early owners to see if we wanted to form a club back in 1984. Hope this is of interest. I`ll add more names as I remember them. John Wisher might be there, his car had a lower chassis number than mine I think so he was certainly around and still is with his 5.8 litre Lotus Europa.

Back