front clip quick release on a KVA GTD GTForte

Cons & Pros please.
Pictures would be nice.

I figur allready, to get my GT on the trailer when its finished I probably need to remove the front clip so why I am still in the build I am concidering a removable front clip.
I think its a tilted clip or removable clip and not best of both worlds.

For the rear I have the Southern GT quick release brackets allready,

I just contacted GT40Goldparts for a quote on these
1601826688230.png

These won't be going an easy fit on my GTForte front clip, as my front clip deffo differs on the inside from a genuine front clip. Have loads of pics to compare.
But ill guess its doable, as Mike Pass once told me, If you can't build a car, you can't build a GT40. Let alone my KVA "B" type chassis, one of only 3 made.

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Don't bother with the half and half original system, its just not do either lift of hinge up effectively well. Either go front hinge up or two clips and lift fully off . ( my opinion ! )

Why not just use the SouthenGT quick release front too?? That’s what I use and it works a treat, it’s pretty much the same as the rear, undo a couple of bolts and tilt it off...

Shaun

Supporter
Got any photos Paul of yours? did not know they did a quick release front clip as well.

Shaun

Supporter
Mick at SGT has them but needs to make a batch, I have asked for a set seems a good idea so if anyone else wants a set maybe fire him an email?

Back