Front wheel main body protection

Just pulsing the blog to see what others may have done to protect the main body area that is exposed to debris from the front wheel.

By chance has anyone tried the tintable RAPTOR sprayable bed liner. Curious how it accepted color.

I don't think you'd want bed liner in that area - it'll leave a fair bit of texture. I'm planning to apply 3M scotch guard clear paint protection film to mine tomorrow. Relatively easy to apply and it's got some - it's the same stuff you'd use if you put a clear bra on your car. You mean for the large vent opening right?

Cam

I use the 3m clear bra a lot. For areas of constant direct impact, it will have a limited duration. I agree on the texture, so I’m going to experiment with spraying the Raptor to see how rough. I’m targeting a limited area, so it may not be that obvious. The film may end up being the right solution since the car won’t see too many road miles anyway.

Thanks

Howard Jones

Supporter
I would cover the entire from clip and the center section from the doors forward if I had to do it again. AND I have a $1200 paint job. At only took 15 mins to ruin the paint on the nose and in the front wheel well air exhaust area at COTA this year. Cover the splitter also if you don't want to repaint that also.

Here’s a shot of the 3m clear bra on my wheel vent area:

8AYZ7nb.jpg

I also added clear bra to the top and bottom of my rear wing. It really makes the carbon look like it was sprayed with a coat of clear. I was originally thinking about polishing it but didn’t want to risk damaging the carbon.

VTOwcrW.jpg

Back