Fuel Filler Neck Options

OK all,
What are the viable options you came up with for the fuel fill neck and where did you get the parts. I did a google search hoping a thread would come up but no luck, I really wish they would fix it so we could search this sub forum.

In the build manual has some options, but what did you buy and from where. I am trying to figure out what would be the best options, but do not want to invent the wheel again if you all have already done it.

Also, pictures of your setup would be a big help.

Thanks
Troy

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I have the sparco already and was wanting help on the specifics of the pipes used, or hoses used to go from the sparco to the tank and possible pictures of options that people have done.

You can thank Jack for this post #16 back in 2012:

Okay guy's and gal's, here you go:
If you have the 2.25 inch OD Sparco filler nesk you need the following inexpensive parts from your local Autozone, etc.:
Gates fuel fill hose 24717 (90 degrees)
Gates fuel fill hose 24713 (45 degrees)
one each exhaust adapter ROI 548543 2-inch ID to 2-1/4 inch OD
This will allow you to use the adapter on the straight sections to join the two filler hoses. The Sparco 2.25 inch neck fits into the Gates 24713, and the Gates 24717
fits the fuel tank spud. All you will need are some hose clamps for the adapter. Suggest tee-bolt clamps.

Link:
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/rcr-forum-rcr40-slc-p4-mkiv/37166-fuel-filler-hose.html

BTW- I went to autozone and they could not find it or match it up, maybe it was the guy there. I then went to pepboys and they did not have gates.

In the end Amazon to rescue and parts ordered. Got to love prime.

Napa has a 2.25" fuel filler hose with a 45 degree bend in it I picked up today. I am hoping I can clamp the lower portion on enough to seal it using t-bolt clamps. If not, I will have to weld on a collar ring to up tank inlet size.
I wanted the area to look really clean, so adding in a steel reducer wasn't really an option.

Back