Fuel Pressure

I run with a Ford 302, twin Facet Red Top Fuel pumps, Twin Filter King regulators feeding Holley 600 cfm 4 barrel 4160 carb. Have recently changed all the filters and cleaned components/lines where possible. On tick over,say 900 rpm, the pressure readings are 5.5 lbs on left pump and 6.5 lbs on right pump. Car is used for road use. Given this set up what would be the recommended fuel pressure setting? Many thanks.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I set mine at 6 psi on both cars. GTD40 and SLC with 750 Holley DPers. has worked well for years. Mind float levels and needle and seat condition.

4160 and 4150(dpers) use the same needle/seats and like the same pressures.

6-7 psi.
Thing is, Facet pumps can't cope with the GPH demand of a Holley. They deliver about a thirth in GPH Holley recoments.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
In my experience - As long as you are showing a couple PSI while under wide open throttle, you have sufficient fuel pressure...

In my experience - As long as you are showing a couple PSI while under wide open throttle, you have sufficient fuel pressure...
True, but how would you know as most don't have a pressure gauge in the dash., Ill guess most don't even have a pressure gauge at all.

Pressure gauges in the engine bay are not very sufficient also as their readings get influenced by engine heat and engine bay's in a GT40 are known to have an excess of heat...

Bill Kearley

Supporter
6 or 7 psi and 4150 or 60 Holley and 3/8 line will work very well for any street setup. Holley will have no problem recommending the correct pump.

I have the same set-up, and have run my street GT40 for 30 years at 7 psi. I run both left and right pumps when on-track. 350 bhp and Holley 670 cfm. Never had short fuel delivery. As stated, pay particular attention to float level set-up, and idle set-up. If you have nylon sight-hole plugs, replace them with brass. Then leave it alone !

Tony.

Back