Fuel Tax not removed

This should be passed to as many people as possible! ...

When VAT was temporarily reduced to 15%, the Chancellor added 2% duty to fuel to offset the reduction in tax collected from motorists. Now that VAT has been increased to 17.5% again this hidden tax has not been removed - hence recent rises in your fuel costs. Sign the petition at the link below to have this stealth tax removed!

Fuel duty reduction, deduct the duty which was levied when vat was reduced to 15%.

I can't believe how highly taxed you brits are...it's shocking really. You spend the first half of the year working for the government no matter what your job is...... You need to have a Tax Revolt!

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Cliff,

Your close. This year it's reckoned that the average Joe, will work until the second week in May, before any money is his own.
Problem we have here is that we give the government too much money.
It makes them profligate. They just waste shed loads of it.
Can't remember who said it, but basically he espoused that it was the duty of every citizen, to pay as little tax as possible, therefore ensuring the government was careful in spending it.
Fat chance of that ever happening soon.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
It's always the same - the government of the day just racking up taxes which ever way they can - there has been some discussion about taxing food just lately.
Who ever wins the Election will do just the same. The various wars along with hotels and large 5 bed houses in central London for immigrants wearing long gowns and veils have to be paid for some how or other.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The bastards are the same all over the world, when the GST was introduced here the States were supposed to drop payroll tax. Of course it didn't happen. If the tax on my payroll had been dropped I could employ at least four more people. And they claim to be trying to reduce unemployment.

This year it's reckoned that the average Joe, will work until the second week in May, before any money is his own.

There are less and less of the people doing the work in this country, while there are more and more scroungers.
Why do immigrants (and I'm not being racist here) travel all the way across Europe to get to the UK? cos they have an easy life! the government panders to the PC brigade, they just won't stand up and say "NO MORE, WE'RE FULL"

Simon:veryangry:

Keith

Good call Tony. Signed.

I have to say that I've signed a number of these on line petitions and eventually, have always received a reply back. They are always very polite, more than a little patronising and if you parsed the contents it would plainly say "fuck off".

Can't hurt though.. :)

Here in the US we have a process of popular local (State level) referendum which at least allows the citizenry to roll back State taxes. We do not have the same ability at the Federal level however (which we did). At the Federal level we depend upon our elected officials to act in our best interests consistent with our expressed desires. Unfortunately, this part seems to have completely broken down lately, and it's more about elected officials either a) cheating and abusing the system for personal power or financial gain, or b) completely ignoring the wishes of the people they represent. It's a farce really.

Back