G50 oil capacity

Howard Jones

Supporter
Simply put, How much oil does it take to fill a flipped G50. I need to know in either quarts or liters. My guess is about 4 quarts but I would like to know a more precise measurement.

I am not asking how to check the fill level, just what does it take to fill it from dry.

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Simply put, How much oil does it take to fill a flipped G50. I need to know in either quarts or liters. My guess is about 4 quarts but I would like to know a more precise measurement.

I am not asking how to check the fill level, just what does it take to fill it from dry.

Hi Howard

If you check back on my build thread you will see how I fitted a sight tube to my G50 along with oil levels.

Dimi

Howard Jones

Supporter
I found Dimi's picture. I have a call into California Motorsports and I'll pass on their recommendation.

Attachments

• attachment g50 oil level.jpg
    attachment g50 oil level.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 378

Howard Jones

Supporter
So I got a call back from California Motorsports. They built my G50-01/03. It has a short tail cover, Quaife TBD, taller German 1st and 2nd gears along with steel syncros and a billet side plate.

They are saying 4 quarts or 3.7 liters for my flipped (input shaft below output shafts) version.

This is the same amount recommended for a normally installed (input shaft above output shafts) G50-50 whereas the G50-01/03 calls for 3.4 liters.

So there we go! A gal it is!

Last edited:
Back