Gabrielle Giffords motorcycle rider

Al
I have spent most of the morning on the link you posted , and I am very impressed by Gabrielle Giffords . Thanks for the link .
I hope she'll be back on two wheels , or cruising one of their collector cars very soon !

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Yes, the more I hear about her the more I like and respect her.

(1) It makes you wonder, with all the close races in the last election why they would "target" her?

(2) It makes me wonder why they said such incredably nasty things about her?

Yes, the more I hear about her the more I like and respect her.

(1) It makes you wonder, with all the close races in the last election why they would "target" her?

(2) It makes me wonder why they said such incredably nasty things about her?

You just can't give it a rest , can you? :)

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Gee Al,

That was posted over 24 hours ago, I was giving it a rest.

But since you insist, please answere the question:

Why do you think the Palin, Tea Party folks "targeted" a moderate Democrat? Three cross hairs in Arizona, none in California?

By the way Al, you seem to be a small minority, everyone else seems to be condemning the "Second Amendment Soulution, reload, shoot an automatic weapon" talk. Why not you?

Gee Al,

That was posted over 24 hours ago, I was giving it a rest.

But since you insist, please answere the question:

Why do you think the Palin, Tea Party folks "targeted" a moderate Democrat? Three cross hairs in Arizona, none in California?

By the way Al, you seem to be a small minority, everyone else seems to be condemning the "Second Amendment Soulution, reload, shoot an automatic weapon" talk. Why not you?

Because consensus doesn't make fact or even good...and you're acting as if all the armchair quarterbacking that's going on is some sort of mission from God to attack your chosen "enemies".

It's just back-asswards conspiracy-theorism aimed at discrediting those you disagree with, based on vehemence and vitriol, rather than logic and reasoning.

You could find any reason in the world to hate those you want to hate...you keep focusing on only the things that you feel make your point.

That's the point of picking sides...you don't mind putting verbal crosshairs on Al, myself or anyone else you disagree with...does this mean that we should be worried that some gun-toting sociopath is going to shoot us because he read YOUR drivel on the internet? :rolleyes:

Your arguments are ludicrous and pandering...you are a sleaze-peddler and pot-stirrer. Go back to your dungeon and leave Al alone. If you were human you would be ashamed of yourself for turning a gearhead related post into a political argument...but you can't help yourself, because you're so busy helping everyone else see your light.

It was a tragedy that so many people were hurt by one mentally unstable person. I feel more for the 10 year old girl and her family than I do for the publicity surrounding a wounded politician. That doesn't make it any less tragic that Gabrielle Giffords or the judge were shot. If not for the high-profile nature of the incident, it's doubtful that the violent death of an innocent child bystander would have been national news. That itself is a greater crime than the availability of guns in America, the politicking methods of a talking head, or the underfunded mental-health programs.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Wyld,

The country has spoken, the "target, reload, 2nd Amenment soulution" gun retoric, is not acceptable.

I spoke out against this kind of talk many times before this tragedy. Now most of the country agrees.

You call that "ludicrous and pandering"................you are alone!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
If not for the high-profile nature of the incident, it's doubtful that the violent death of an innocent child bystander would have been national news. That itself is a greater crime than the availability of guns in America, the politicking methods of a talking head, or the underfunded mental-health programs.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Part of a post be Wyld

Wyld, virtualy all the thousands and thousands of gun deaths each year are low profile. You think that is a crime greater than the availability of guns in America?

So the availability of guns in America is a crime, but not as big a crime as not making a big deal about thousands of gun deaths?

Jim, Your conspiracy questions that have been repeatedly answered and dragged into unrelated threads are getting old, please give it a rest!

Wyld,

The country has spoken, the "target, reload, 2nd Amenment soulution" gun retoric, is not acceptable.

I spoke out against this kind of talk many times before this tragedy. Now most of the country agrees.

You call that "ludicrous and pandering"................you are alone!

*YAWN* Consensus does not make for reality. Consensus is a game that the anonymous mob plays when they are too busy living their pointless existences to actually DO something, so blend into the crowd to caw & crow like a bunch of seagulls in a parking lot...and then quickly move onto their pointless existence until another opportunity arises to "say their piece"...all the while ignoring those incidents that spark their outrage until the TV tells them what to think and how to feel.

Part of a post be Wyld

Wyld, virtualy all the thousands and thousands of gun deaths each year are low profile. You think that is a crime greater than the availability of guns in America?

So the availability of guns in America is a crime, but not as big a crime as not making a big deal about thousands of gun deaths?

I don't feel that the availability of guns is a crime...you do. You also think it's a crime that Palin's campaign tactics used imagery that you found offensive. That was the point I was making. I feel that leading the story with the shooting of an elected official and a judge over that of the innocent child is a crime.

That you use the opportunity of the death of 6 individuals and injury of 19 to climb on your soapbox is sad & pathetic...not one mention of the little girl from you, only that of the Rep & the Judge. Shows what you truly think & feel about your fellow Americans...only the "elites" matter to you.

You are still focused on the tool...not the user.

I say we ban all mentally ill people. Sure would have prevented alot of bloodshed in the past few years...

I have an idea! Since you're so opposed to violence, perhaps we can send YOU to go give HUGS to all the bad guys in the world! That should fix things up...a bit of emoting therapy to convince them to give up their ways. I nominate you Jim for this task...I will even vote to elect you if you have the balls to carry on with this noble hippy plan I've laid out for you.

Then we can all just sit back and watch as Jim's Hugs displace war & violence in a world where people fight because they are being controlled or want to control others. :D

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Al, Wyld,

Your posts show that neither of you have any idea what I or the vasy majority of the Country are saying.

You continue to defend the un-defensable................

Since you're so opposed to violence
Part of a post by Wyld

Yes I am opposed to violence. You are for violence?

Wyld, so far the only thing you have said that makes any sense is "....the availablitiy of guns in America is a crime" (direct quote from Wyld) Good for you!

I will now give it a rest.

Last edited:
Al, Wyld,

Your posts show that neither of you have any idea what I or the vasy majority of the Country are saying.

You continue to defend the un-defensable................

You are a manipulative twit. Violence is defensible when it has a purpose that isn't evil, ignorant or bigoted...you would let a cop shoot a bad guy who was threatening your life, right? You would let a soldier fight to protect your way of life, right? You might fight to protect your freedom...naw, I forgot...you enjoy the freedom that others provide via violence, but you won't partake of it yourself.

Part of a post by Wyld

Yes I am opposed to violence. You are for violence?

I am opposed to violence meant to hurt the innocent, repress a dissenting view or further a vile cause. Any other form of violence is acceptable, which is posited by those who build consensus with you...otherwise police officers wouldn't have guns, we wouldn't have a military and we wouldn't watch boxing.

Wyld, so far the only thing you have said that makes any sense is "....the availablitiy of guns in America is a crime" (direct quote from Wyld) Good for you!

Wow, thank you Jimmy...I'm so glad that you continue to twist my words to suit your purposes without actually comprehending the spirit with which they were intended AND that you approve of something I've said. I can die a complete man, knowing that Jimmy-boy gave me approval...because your opinion matters like no-one elses. :rolleyes:

I will now give it a rest.

Your pathological fear and militant obsession with an inert object is saddening. It's just a gun...it's not a Terminator/Transformer. It's always the nut-job on the handle end, squeezing the trigger that makes your "scary" gun go boom. Why is it so hard for you to grasp that PEOPLE are the problem? Because you can't stand that you can't control them...because deep down you can't stand that you can't control some facet of yourself.

I wonder what skeletons you hide in your closet to cling so fiercely to this pet peeve of yours? Is it an infantile, secret wish to blow-away all those who disagree with you? Your logic/reasoning skills are impotent, so I bet this is a desire that you harbor as a means to finally have the last word over those who thwart your feeble case-point over & over & over again...

Back