Garage walls - decal

Hi all,

I am upgrading my garage and have been talking with my sign writer who has suggested that I place a decal of a GT40 on the walls.

Does any one have a file or link to a site that he can use to print off a decal for the wall.

I am particularly after a side profile of a GT40 or an out line of a GT40. Even the GT40 logos.

I am m ore than happy to use a supplier or advertisers decal design if ok with them.

Thanks

Bernie

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Bernie,

Using an overhead projector (at least that's what they used to be called), you might even be able to trace an image right onto the wall, then paint...

Looking forward to some photos of the finished work!

T.

Hi Bernie,

Have you seen the massive GT40 emblem that Roaring Forties had blown up from the steering boss. Must be about 5ft sq. looks great on there factory wall, they may be able to put you onto the guys that did it for them?

Andrew

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Speak to your local banner / poster printer

A lot of banners are about 1m tall by as wide as you need

1m tall just happens to correspond to?????

Ian

Andrew E

Andrew,

Yes I saw that sign. I will chase Paul or Johnathan and see how they did it. I'm thinking it may be the over head and paint in way.

I wouldn't mind getting the file on their RF GT40 profile..

Ian Anderson

Thanks Ian yes that is the way I was going to go. They print onto a decal that is 1200mm high. I need the file so that they can print it.

The 'Google' images are good but the file sizes are to small to get a blow up to 1200mm high.

Dutton

T.

Yes looks if all else fails I'll borrow an overhead from the school - they would be only ones that still have that technology!!

Thanks

Bernie

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Better yet, use a large format inkjet printer. :)

IMG_0557.JPG

Hey Neal,

Aren't you illegally parked...the sign says Porsches Parking Only...but I see some small print under the arrow....I'll take a stab and say it reads "Unless you're driving a GT 40" !

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Like others, I too suffered from P-car syndrome. That sign is a solemn reminder that you can spend twice as much and get half the performance of good old American iron. I keep it there in hope that a 917 might one day miraculously appear in the next stall. :)

Yes I will try to get a file or resort to the projector of laptop. I have a projector in the cinema room that will work.

Will see what I can find in file first to get the signwriter to print onto the large vinyl.

Thanks again

Bernie

Ian Anderson

Yes the signwriter can print the 1m height - GT40 - 40 inche. The added 1200 gives the full effect. I was trying for a side profile photo of a GT40.

Most of the GT40 images on Google etc. are not the best to enlarge. They pixal up.

I'll keep searching.

Bernie

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I would think a 20 to 30 megapixel shot would be needed for full size print - not too many cameras give that sort of definition so a professional shoot would be required - probably studio set up

Ian

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Randy

That may be the way to go as it is difficult to get a photo quality for the signwriter.

The signwriter would do this off a projector or overhead, but I was looking for the photo that would give the garage three dimensional quality

Back