Getting Closer

Alex I already know the harness will not be with the kit so that's why I posted the info from Infinity Box on the Forum in case anyone else wants to travel down the same road as me and order the harness

Best of luck Larry! It’s always fun to have another build thread to read, I hope you decide to make one.

You sound like an old hat at building cars so I’m sure you know wiring fairly well by now. Be very cognizant of the loads going through each of those Infinity system circuits and be mindful of the use of relays. In particular I felt the wire gage used for the fans and fuel pumps was too small.

I’m not the only builder who decided to pull their system after reviewing it in more depth.

Cam thanks that will be one of my considerations and talking with Allan who still uses the Infinity Systems in his cars, I would think after building over 22 SLC' s of vs types he has it down to a science. I think my biggest hurdle is making what's in my head a reality.

Best of luck Larry! It’s always fun to have another build thread to read, I hope you decide to make one.

You sound like an old hat at building cars so I’m sure you know wiring fairly well by now. Be very cognizant of the loads going through each of those Infinity system circuits and be mindful of the use of relays. In particular I felt the wire gage used for the fans and fuel pumps was too small.

I’m not the only builder who decided to pull their system after reviewing it in more depth.

(just because every thread now needs a discussion on wiring =) ) I think you guys over-think it. I've been using it for over 12yrs now (going back to version 1 basically - i^2 1+1 system) without issue. Jay has been awesome at providing support.

Some of the reasons I've read people not using it - such as not having the ability to write custom programs - is pretty silly ... if I were the developer like hell I'd let somebody hack apart my source code for weird custom configs.

In my 917 it controls 6 fans (each on their own separate circuit obviously) with no issues. If your load is > 25amp then just have it trigger a relay (I've used exactly 0 relays in all 4 of my builds, so it's pretty easy to use it as a standalone)

Alex - if you’ve used exactly 0 relays in any of your builds I would be sure to keep my insurance premiums paid if I were you. ;)

after over a decade you know how many i2/isis/infinitybox fire-related wiring issues i've read about - 0. how many "normal" wiring fire re-related issues I've read about - plenty.

the system has some drawbacks - it's a blackbox, it eats batteries if you don't have a cut-off switch, you kill it if you feed the master cell 12v w/o an inline inverter - but fire isn't one of them :rolleyes:

Joel yes I believe I will be the first one with a twin turbo Ecoboost power plant I am going to try and pull at a minimum 550 hp out of the motor I figured if the 2017 GT 40 can get over 600hp I have a chance.

Joel K

Supporter
Joel yes I believe I will be the first one with a twin turbo Ecoboost power plant I am going to try and pull at a minimum 550 hp out of the motor I figured if the 2017 GT 40 can get over 600hp I have a chance.

That is a great choice Larry, looking forward to following along.

Ok all she is on her way I hope to unload on Sunday and start the fun

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 343
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 373
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 347
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    405.3 KB · Views: 363
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    469 KB · Views: 345
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    372.4 KB · Views: 360
I’ve talked to 3 people who have done 3.5 EB swaps. They all started out talking about 550-600 HP. They all did it on the dyno to say they did it and then dialed it back down to 450 - 475. The torque on the EB is so massive that you just don’t need it.

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I’ve talked to 3 people who have done 3.5 EB swaps. They all started out talking about 550-600 HP. They all did it on the dump to say they did it and then dialed it back down to 450 - 475. The torque on the EB is so massive that you just don’t need it.

One of my vehicles is a 2017 Ford Raptor. Stock 3.5 EB 450HP, 510TQ. I’ve owned it for a little more than 14 months and I am still blown away by the strength of this engine in a CrewCab pickup truck! The 2017+ 3.5 EB is the Second Generation engine...
Just amazing....

I picked this power plant for the Eco Friendly minded folks out in the market place ( not ) I just heard some many good reviews of the power and torque this motor can produce plus the fact that the new version of the GT 40 runs on this engine says a lot.

Back