Golf

<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; COLOR: black">I am a member of golf’s lower 99%. I am an indifferent golfer, and there’s no way I could ever make it to the professional level. I will never put in the practice time to be the best. I will never have the shots, skills, or mental toughness to “make it” in the sport. I just never felt like working all that hard at it.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
P><P style=
<o:p></o:p>

However, I am a part of the golfing community and, as such, feel I should be paid by the top 1% of golfers for what I do. It isn't fair that those players who have worked harder, have studied the game more carefully, have better equipment and are more skilled and dedicated should make all that BIG money.<o:p></o:p>
Where's my share? I’m a Victim!<o:p></o:p>
The top 1% should pay for my club memberships and greens fees and lessons, buy me new clubs, balls, clothes and shoes, and pay me some of their winnings. They can afford it. They are “The Rich.”; The whole system should be changed to accommodate people like me. I think we should get together and occupy a golf course and demand that those who are better at what they do, pay for us who generally suck.<o:p></o:p>
Whining should get us something - maybe we'll make the cover of Time Magazine and garnish some public sympathy. Hell, during this election year we may even get a law or two passed by legislators who want our votes. The President should sympathize with us, he's one of us!
The Occupy Golf Movement<o:p></o:p>

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I am a member of golf's 1%. My granddaddy bought some land from the Indians, well took it actually. It had some oil, and some gold and quarry on it. My family got stinking rich.

My dad didn't have to work and taught me that I didn't either -- it was God's destiny that our family would not have to labor. I'd occasionaly go to the quarry and try to figure out why I was different than the folk who worked there. Other than smelling better, I could only scratch my head. No matter, with the economy as it is, I don't have to raise these folks wages to keep pace with inflation. I'll get richer, but at least they just have a job.

But I found my passion! Golf! Since I don't work, I play all the time. I'm pretty good, but I wanted to share my passion with other white middle aged guys like me. So I bought a low income apartment complex, raised it, and started a private club. I'm not a racist, but I just don't see the need to play my favorite game with Jews, Blacks, East Indians or Papists.

Since I'm the only game in town, I get better. The quarry workers playing a rough edged version of the game out in the field with bats and rocks? Well, I was just destined to be better!

Things are starting to concern me though. Some folks don't seem to understand that some were born to be wealthy, and others, well, not. And danggit, now they want to tax my investment earnings at 30% like normal income rather than the idle rich rate of 15%!

THAT will cause a man's putting hand to quiver!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Now that is funny Tom, puts it in perspective:thumbsup:

It may be funny, but its not Tom.

Tom plagerised this from a man named Theo Spark!

Tom, do not claim something as your own if you did not write it!

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
The anology is flawed although amusing.

A pro golfer does not accept a multi-billion dollar bailout and cut off the supply of golf balls (the banks who took TARP money and then stopped lending)

I am not aware of a pro golfer who had rifled the golf bag of a hacker for clubs and tees as some of the mortgage lenders have.

While I don't think the "Occupy Wall Street" group accomplished anything more than getting out of their parent's basements for a few weeks, those who have pillaged and plundered the markets and driven fuel prices up with wild speculation, well honestly, I AM surprised they have not yet been eaten by the masses........

And to Jimbos post, as Groucho said "I wouldn't join any club that would have me as member!!!"

Awwwwww,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,

It may be funny, but its not Tom.

Tom plagerised this from a man named Theo Spark!

Tom, do not claim something as your own if you did not write it!

Where did i claim it as my own? It's funny and hits closer to home than you like i suspect.

The anology is flawed although amusing.

A pro golfer does not accept a multi-billion dollar bailout and cut off the supply of golf balls (the banks who took TARP money and then stopped lending)

I am not aware of a pro golfer who had rifled the golf bag of a hacker for clubs and tees as some of the mortgage lenders have.

While I don't think the "Occupy Wall Street" group accomplished anything more than getting out of their parent's basements for a few weeks, those who have pillaged and plundered the markets and driven fuel prices up with wild speculation, well honestly, I AM surprised they have not yet been eaten by the masses........

And to Jimbos post, as Groucho said "I wouldn't join any club that would have me as member!!!"

The banks
10 Banks to Pay Back TARP Billions: Treasury Lets Banks Repay Bailout - ABC News

Pat

Supporter
Some folks don't seem to understand that some were born to be wealthy, and others, well, not. And danggit, now they want to tax my investment earnings at 30% like normal income rather than the idle rich rate of 15%!
QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I was not born into such a favorable economic circimstance and never had the chance to learn golf. Seems like playing pool is basically the same thing-hitting a ball with a stick to get it into a hole while drinking beer but without all the tiresome walking. The balls are also easier to find.

If you're feeling generous, donate that extra 15% to a charity or invest it in something that will create jobs. The capital gains treatment on your investment income is lower because this money has already been subject to the corporate taxation of the company paying the dividend. It is savings and it is savings that has been put to work for more than a year. It's not money from some pump and dump stock scheme. It is also money encouraged by lower rates to be put at risk in the market to create growth in the economy. If you are merely wanting income redistribution, give the money away like Romney did with the money he inherited.

And as Tom suggested, the Troubled Asset Relief Program provided taxpayers with higher returns than yields paid on 30- year Treasury bonds -- enough money to fund the Securities and Exchange Commission for the next two decades.

Last edited:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter

I guess I am dumber than I thought, I don't see the point. So some of the banks are paying back (as has GM and now Chrysler)...it does not change the fact that some robbed from the poor to pay to the rich!

And I am a "liberal conservative" and don't expect the "rich" to pay more. In fact, GASP, I expect EVERYONE to pay a fair share to keep the roads open, the Mongol hoards off Cape Cod and the b@sturds in Congress to abide by the same rules the rest of us poor slobs have to!

Yeah, well we can all dream.......................

I guess I am dumber than I thought, I don't see the point. So some of the banks are paying back (as has GM and now Chrysler)...it does not change the fact that some robbed from the poor to pay to the rich!

And I am a "liberal conservative" and don't expect the "rich" to pay more. In fact, GASP, I expect EVERYONE to pay a fair share to keep the roads open, the Mongol hoards off Cape Cod and the b@sturds in Congress to abide by the same rules the rest of us poor slobs have to!

Yeah, well we can all dream.......................

I was just saying that some of the money was paid back, although the government won't put it back were it came from, "everyone" paying their fair share is a good dream i guess.

Keith

Image removed due to sense of humour failure and a lack of understanding of the true meaning of a symbol that is older than God.

No intent to offend.

Swastik_on_head.jpg

Hindu boy.

800px-Ancient_Roman_Mosaics_Villa_Romana_La_Olmeda_007_Pedrosa_De_La_Vega_-_Saldaa_Palencia.jpg

Ancient Roman Villa floor that predates the birth of Christ.

Ta ra again.... :)

Back