Good Old Father Xmas.......

Look what my ten year old got for Xmas. Aren't I...I mean wasn't he lucky.

Attachments

• gt40.jpg
    gt40.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 394

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Sweet JPC...
Is it Scalectrix or other....?
I have been considering that my daughters probably need one too... :)

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Very Nice JPC - but be careful, or before you know it you will end up like this :) And yes, I should be working on my RCR!

Best Regards,

Al

Attachments

• Last Roll - 3.jpg
    Last Roll - 3.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 371
  • Last Roll - 1.jpg
    Last Roll - 1.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 369
  • Last Roll - 2.jpg
    Last Roll - 2.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 377
  • Last Roll - 4.jpg
    Last Roll - 4.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 362
  • Last Roll - 5.jpg
    Last Roll - 5.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 369
Typical American - you just couldn't have something that was slightly bigger and better. You have to go the whole way and make my two lane Scaletrix look so feeble. I was going to retaliate by boasting about my superb on the road completed and very fast GTD40 but as the weather is so poor in the UK right now, its locked away for the next three months at least. Happy New year..... John

You are just a lucky as i am. My nearly three year ols is crazy on the Ford GT and own's his own GT (SCX). The kid is driving me crazy on our slotrace track. He's wonderfull. I race a SCX GT40 and he his GT and most of the times he wins !

During the holidays i will post some images !

We also have a very nice looking dBR9 with Xeon alike light's !

grz

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi John,

It turns out that most of the time we only use two lanes - fours lanes was really overkill and the track would probably just as much fun with just two lanes.

And to be honest, I started out the same way with a Scalextric set, and I think the kids actually like the shorter tracks better, because if the car comes off of the long track, they actually have to get up and go get it (unlike most of their video games!)

I only wish I too had a road ready 40 right now. Most of my slot track was put together to pass the time while I was waiting for my Roaring Forties car to be completed, but that's a whole different story :-(

Enjoy the time with your children, it tends to slip away quickly.

Al

P.S. Don't just blame the American in me - I'm a Swiss citizen too, but guilty as charged :)

Very funny Paul - made me laugh.
Alex thats my real car (still would like a Scaletrix outfit like yours though...)

Hey Alex
Swiss eh?...that would explain all the snow covered trees around the track. Am too A RF victim. It still hurts but there is light at the end of the tunnel and its brilliant.

Ron Earp

Admin
jpc_bate said:
Hey Alex
Swiss eh?...that would explain all the snow covered trees around the track. Am too A RF victim. It still hurts but there is light at the end of the tunnel and its brilliant.
It ain't a train is it? :)

I feel your pain too. You know, I just saw the other day I have a Vintage Roaring Forties T Shirt that Hershal or Robert sent me a couple years back. I bet it is worth, oh, about $37,000 and I'll sell it to the first person to send a check!!

Those Scaletrix cars are pretty neat. Would look good in my garage!

Ron

Back