Goodwood Spring Sprint

Glenn M

Supporter
I had a great day at the Goodwood GRRC Spring Sprint on 10 May competing against a really eclectic mixture of wonderful machinery. It was a shame the weather ‘wasn’t at its most helpful’ shall we say, but it was still bloody good fun. Goodwood just suits the GT40 so well with its fast flowing corners, and with the history there too the car feels so at home. Mind you not having acres of run-off does keep you concentrating!

This is the class I was in;

Class 'F' GRRC Sprint 2014 - YouTube

A couple that I missed in the video were a pretty quick TR7V8 and an ex Gerry Marshall Firenza. The engine in the Cologne Capri was a piece of art.

Out of interest, those who moan about the forward feet position of the mighty 917 should perhaps try this Norton engined beauty! When in motion it really looked like it was being driven by someone with no legs as there just didn't seem to be enough room for them!

Attachments

• 20140510_102857.jpg
    20140510_102857.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 322
  • Capri quad-cam engine.jpg
    Capri quad-cam engine.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 330
  • Firenza.jpg
    Firenza.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 292

Glenn M

Supporter
I've found a picture of the class, so for Paddock Kudos points, what is the yellow car (no 58) parked next to mine?

Glenn

Attachments

• Goodwood class.jpg
    Goodwood class.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 245

Glenn M

Supporter
Well done Simon, spot on. Obviously too easy! It was a very nice car though - and different.

Glenn

Back