Got life?

For any of you who may have kept copies of old "LIFE" magazines (remember them?) check these two editions. JUNE 25TH, 1965 & AUGUST 16TH 1968. In the middle of the former is a two page COLOR spread paid for by FORD where they show a very nice side photo of an early version of the GT40. You can see the early attempts at experimenting with downforce at the front of the car and this particular car displays an access panel over the driver side air intake I've not seen before. The ad refers to FORD's development of the car as a Test Lab.

In the AUGUST 16TH 1968 edition is another two page spread paid for by GULF OIL and the ad shows the cars mechanics preparing a GULF GT40.

I think these are nice "period" items to have when and if you display your car at events or just to have as a nice colllectors item. I gladly paid $9.00 for the 2 "mint" copies even though they sold for $.35 back in the day.

If I can figure out how to post photos I will. Sadly, when it comes to this techno stuff I'm a real dunce.

$%28KGrHqJ,%21p%21E8VlcdTvpBPRkYsV5+w%7E%7E60_57.JPG

Back