Granada Rear Drive Flanges

I am after some clarification on the interchangeability of Granada rear drive hub parts.
I recently purchased some parts for my Tornado build and these included some rear drive flanges which I suspect may be from a Mk2 Granada (or even a Mk1). My queston is, can I use these with the Mk3 Granada bearing carriers, bearing kit and stub axles? My local Ford dealer is not much help as they can no longer access Granada Mk2 parts numbers.I list below the part numbers I do know, the first set supplied by the vendor of the parts I purchased and secondly, Mk3 parts from the Ford dealer.

Vendor supplied numbers..............Ford Mk3 numbers
Drive flange 6140414..............1637225
Stub axle (rh) 6146631..............6923241
Stub axle (lh) 6146627..............6146627 (snap!)
Bearing carrier 16337603.............3565366

I want to use Mk3 Granada parts where possible as these are available new and fit the Tornado without any modification.
Thanks in anticipation.

Paul

Paul - the mk2 and mk3 rear driveflanges are completely different and not interchangeable. The Tornado rear uprights differ depending on how old they are. The older variety has brackets welded to it for the rear caliper to bolt to and uses mk2 driveflanges. The later new type uses mk3 driveflanges and bearing houses and the caliper bolts directly onto it - not the upright.

Back