GT/101 in New York City, 1964

This photo was taken first week of April 1964 at JFK airport in NYC, prior to Roy Lunn and John Wyer press conference. I'm trying to ID the person with the car. I was at the press conference but don't recall seeing him
GT-101 JFT, April 1964 - 1.jpg
. Doing research for Roy Lunn Legacy book project. Anyone?

Martyn My Friend Ronnie Spain in his book said that the car GT40/101 was shown in the Essex House Hotel in NY and never was at the New York Motor show have you any pictures or info on this? regards Allan

Martyn My Friend Ronnie Spain in his book said that the car GT40/101 was shown in the Essex House Hotel in NY and never was at the New York Motor show have you any pictures or info on this? regards Allan
Yes, it was at the Essex House Hotel and no, was not at NY Auto Show. Your friend has a photo of it there in his book, try him. It's a Ford PR photo. I do not have any photos that I own taken at the hotel. The event was part of PR camapaign and was attened by publishers, Ford dealers, friends of the Ford family, then car went back to UK for testing. Hope this helps, Marty

Thanks for the info I thought he had a picture in his book but I was trying to find some more including any publications at the time i.e . Motor Magazines and Newspapers that reported this as a story.
Regards Allan

Proto GT40.jpg

By any chance was this taken at that location? I am sending this tidbit to my wife as we have stayed at that hotel and didn't realize it's tie to our GT40.

Back