GT40 Body

I resently bought a GT40 mk.1 with a burnt out body, caused by a Weber backfire :cry:. Can someone (not too far from Denmark) help me with a new (or used) body for it.

Two sides to every story! Don't always believe what you read.

A few loud voices can make very big waves on internet forums. Carefully read the replies from true customers to get a clearer and more accurate account.

Two sides to every story! Don't always believe what you read.

A few loud voices can make very big waves on internet forums. Carefully read the replies from true customers to get a clearer and more accurate account.

equally theres no smoke without fire - over 15 years heavily involved in the british kit car industry i have never known any company that has managed to be so consistently reported for its less than perect service -

good suppliers make huge efforts nowadays to develop and maintain good service and reputation - thankfully theres nowhere to hide anymore - i have no real axe to grind here but in all seriousness would you send any money to a company with such a long list of agrieved customers ?

pleased to hear that you had a positive experience - i simply wanted to give a heads up to others on some supplier history such that informed decisions can be made -

Ian,
He's still in buisiness. That says alot. Lot's in the UK I dealt with that are not. Darren send's it the cheapest way possible not the quickest. I used him because he sell's the same stuff as Ralley Design and they don't ship overseas. Can't please everybody all the time.
Dave

Hi Jonny

I have a complete car 90% finished with all the parts to complete at a very good price.
if youe interested send me your email address and i will send some photos and parts list.

regards, Gary
[email protected]

Ian,

Sour grapes?
I would doubt there are ANY companies anywhere in the world who have an absolute 100% customer satisfaction record, it's just not possible.
Dragging up something like this does nobody any favours and only reflects badly on you and NOT Darren.
Lets try and keep these back biting posts off the forum eh?

Simon

ps, I have no connection with GTS Tuning

If you want a body and are considering buying one from the U.K, you might want to try Lee Dawson. He does all the bodies for Southern GT if I'm not mistaken. I've seen his work and it's really top notch.

Martin

so simon - you are saying that informing others on a web forum of a less than perfect track record of a supplier ( over a long period ) and supplying access to the evidence so that informed decisions can be made is a bad thing ?

theres no element of " back biting ",

and i cant really see how my grapes might be sour ?

just simply making others aware -

ho hum

Keith

Hi Ian, there is a forum for consumer comments regarding poor service, non delivery, and companies that generally fail to measure up to standards as a warning to other potential customers. Some members here have been able to save much money by heeding advice from customers of "rogue" companies whilst others have lost thousands because the info came too late. All in all, it is a useful service without being a witch hunt.

However I think the main rule on that forum (and as a simple matter of courtesy) is that the poster should have at least a personal experience of trading with the company in question. If not, then I can't think that any comment would be considered very valid by other interested parties and of course were this so, then it would be hearsay by someone that may have a personal agenda. I believe that is what Simon was trying to say. Of course we don't know if you have or you have not. But, if you haven't then I wouldn't bother as the comments would be of no use to other members...

So, I look forward to reading of your personal experiences with GTS on that forum mate :)

Or not..

Not forgetting of course that we have certain libel laws in the UK :idea:

thanks keith - my original post simply gave a lead to an alternative ( locostbuilders ) forum where text exists that would be worth reading for anyone considering trading with this company - im sure you can see theres value in that ?

the personal experience aspect is why my post is not in the other area , i only wanted to give the original poster of this thread a heads up -

Back