GT40 Eye Candy

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Traveled to Olthoff Racing in Mooresville, NC this week to pick up the GT40. Great bunch of folks. Had a great time but am wore out from driving our asses off coming home. Good to be back home in Colorado. Videos to come but safe to say it is nasty. A whole different animal than the GT! Thank you Dennis, Paul, and everyone else for a fantastic job!

2011092700.jpg

2011092808.jpg

2011092809.jpg

2011092812.jpg

2011092813.jpg

2011092817.jpg

2011092818.jpg

2011092819.jpg

2011092820.jpg

2011092821.jpg

2011092822.jpg

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Headed out towards Ashland NC and on to Knoxville TN Wed night, then St Louis Thur 6am, and on to Hays Kansas Thur afternoon. Windmills as far as the eye could see for 20 miles or more. Rolled into Denver around midnight Thur.

2011092823.jpg

2011092900.jpg

2011092901.jpg

Car looks beautiful! Glad you had a good experience with Olthoff as well, great group of people and I was really impressed with how well they have treated me as well as their work.

Kevin

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Car looks beautiful! Glad you had a good experience with Olthoff as well, great group of people and I was really impressed with how well they have treated me as well as their work.

Kevin
Very impressed with Dennis and company. Paul is a great guy as well. No BS down there!

Real cool, a bit of finesse with the 4 , omitting the 0 . Traveling through such a vast country sounds like a great adventure. Me, if I go east , takes about 2 hours to get to the Pacific ocean. If I go west then it takes about 1 hour to get to the Tasman sea. Going north or south I can reach lands end within 1 days drive.

Z.C.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Thank you! I plan on it for sure :) First up is a charity dyno event for a little girl with cancer. I'm not putting it on the rollers but hope to help attract lots of visitors for a good cause.

Thanks to Olthoff and crew for help making it a reality!

I could not agree with you more about the quality of service and knowledge of Dennis and Paul.. they are a class act and have sorted and serviced my MK II ... I drive it every day and try not to scare my neighbors walking and teenagers on skate boards to death every night after dinner!!!!... Hope you enjoy your 40 as much as I do :happy::happy:

Michael, in your very first photo there seems to be a curved line of windscreen tinting. Is this correct, or an illusion? Looks quite low near the pillars.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Michael,

Thats a beautiful car!

I might be wrong, but my spf has a tinted area of the windshield with that shape (curving down at the sides). It shows up well in your side photo.

Michael, what Roush motor is that?

Last edited:
Back