GT40 Induction system?

Tim Collins

Supporter
The InnoV8 “8 stack” Coyote setup came with a nice, carbon turkey tray. After we installed the rear clip and cut out the opening, I was surprised how well it fit. The only modification needed is to trim ~3/4” off the tray and maybe add some sort of seal. But I noticed others with 8 stacks don’t seem to use it?
What type of air filtration should we have for driving on the street? Does anyone make a filter that fits into the rear clip openings? I’ve heard that the stack filters can be restrictive, but have no data? If the front opening in the rear clip is not closed, then what good is the turkey tray? If we closed this area off and added some sort of window to form a complete enclosure (air cleaner), what problems may we have?
Turkey Tray.jpg
Rear clip fit to Turkey.jpg
air cleaner question.jpg

I was wondering if it was similar to what the S5000 class have been using. maybe Rodger Higgins might be able to shed some light on what they are using. looks like KN panel filters. I have seen some clear Perspex boxes made to fit over the top of the trumpets with panels mounted in the side. You could try opening up the inner side of the vents (green arrows) below the rear windscreen and mounting panels in there. That's probably what I would do.

Ryan

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I was just planning on using a Turkey pan like yours to seal it to the rear deck. Then Tea Strainers on top of the trumpets. The side vents were going to have a OuterWear (TM) filter material on the inside that I could remove and wash out periodically.
Alas - I ended up selling the car prior to implementation of those..

Back