IMG_20190807_125521462 (1).jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 1,374
  • P1010018-1.jpg
    P1010018-1.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 1,242
  • P1010017-1.jpg
    P1010017-1.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 1,195
I have decided to sell my GT 40. With age(75), and arthritis taking its toll, I am not able to do the work that these cars require. I will include several items that are related with the car and are part of the sale.
Starting with the front bay area.
Autocraft battery
Moroso electric water pump
Dual horns
Flaming River steering rack
3 master cylinders(front brakes, rear brakes, clutch)
Thee are 6 fans, 2 for front radiator, 2 for engine bay, and two in the rear clip for the engine oil cooler, and the trans cooler.
In the cabin area:
OMP steering wheel, removable and up/down adjustment. function
Tan leather dash, sculptured leather door panels and headliner.
8 gauges with 7 warning or on function.
Volt , Fuel level, Tach, water temp, oil temp, oil pressure, trans temp, & spedo.
Small gauges are 2 1/2"with tach and spedo @5". They are Maximum Performance
White gauges. Mileage is 5803 There are several misc. buttons. Horn, blinker, Start, Flasher, and bypass.

Engine 351 Windsor bored 60 over, stroked 4"?? and internally balanced. RWHP 466
Dyno showed top speed at 5000rpm and Porsche930 trans at 185mph
Borla 8 port FI. Bundle of snakes stainless steel. Electronics FAST xim and xfi. Shifter Toyota with fabed trans adapter

GT40C.jpg

great looking car.. love that color.
Just some tips of info to add to aid with a sale: Location, pricing, make/model. (looks like a CAV, correct?)

ill relist as all the listing was wiped out when I selected full view for the first pic.
Rob,
My computer is acting up. When I tried to correct it and list the photos to full size, it wiped out the listing. If you look at the latest posting it should have the information. I will put the photos there. If you have more questions do it on that posting.

Bill

Just some tips of info to add to aid with a sale: Location, pricing, make/model. (looks like a CAV, correct?)
Jasper,

Location is Snellville Ga. 20 miles northwest of Atlanta.
The car is a MkI. It came from Australia. The company was DRB owned and o

Car is a DRB. Mine was the 5th one built. Square tube frame with steel panels inserts. All removed and replaced with stainless sheets finished with engine turnings. After importing the car, removed everything. sold or scrapped all but the short block and the trans. 10 year build. MkI, added Gulf flares to the rear clip for tire clearance.
Price 88k
Autocraft battery
Dual horns
There are 6 fans, 2 for front radiator, 2 for engine bay, and two in the rear clip for the engine oil cooler, and the trans cooler.
In the cabin area:
8 gauges with 7 warning or display function.
Volt , Fuel level, Tach, water temp, oil temp, oil pressure, trans temp, & spedo.
Small gauges are 2 1/2"with tach and spedo @5". They are Maximum Performance White gauges. Mileage is 5803
There are several misc. buttons. Horn, blinker, lights, Start button, Flasher, and bypass button to allow current to the fuel pumps
Flip switches control fans except to trans cooler(temp regulated), low fuel pump, high fuel pump, water pump
Engine 351 Windsor bored 60 over, stroked 4"?? and internally balanced. RWHP 466
Borla 8 port F.I. Bundle of snakes stainless steel.
Electronics FAST xim and xfi.
Shifter Toyota with fabed trans adapter
Front tires are Nitto Extreme Performance 225x50x15.
Rears are Nitto Drag Radials 325x50x15
Wheels are BRM pin drive with stainless safetywires
Stainless rear spoiler with vents for wheel wells.

If you would like to ask some questions you can call me @678-687-4611

Car is a DRB. Mine was the 5th one built. Square tube frame with steel panels inserts. All removed and replaced with stainless sheets finished with engine turnings. After importing the car, removed everything. sold or scrapped all but the short block and the trans. 10 year build. MkI, added Gulf flares to the rear clip for tire clearance.
Price 88k
Autocraft battery
Dual horns
There are 6 fans, 2 for front radiator, 2 for engine bay, and two in the rear clip for the engine oil cooler, and the trans cooler.
In the cabin area:
Small gauges are 2 1/2"with tach and spedo @5". They are Maximum Performance White gauges. Mileage is 5803
There are several misc. buttons. Horn, blinker, lights, Start button, Flasher, and bypass button to allow current to the fuel pumps
Flip switches control fans except to trans cooler(temp regulated), low fuel pump, high fuel pump, water pump
Comp roller cam and roller rockers

I will work on getting some pics posted
You can go to my build log(drb#5) on page 23 off the log

Last edited:

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Bill,

Sorry to hear you're selling on. Always appreciated your insights. Glad to hear you'll continue to lurk around here.

To make it easier to find, here is a link to your build thread:

Best of luck with your sale. Always seemed like a great build and fantastic choice of color.

Chris

Last edited:
Bill,

Sorry to hear you're selling on. Always appreciated your insights.

I believe this is your build link:

If not, will delete.

Best of luck with your sale. Always seemed like a great build and fantastic choice of color. I hope you continue to lurk around here.

Chris
You have it all correct I still have to get the info on the car in. Have finally gotten the computer to quit revolting and trying to take over!!!!! I fixed it with a piece of cardboard??? I will still be around and will contribute anything I can.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
You have it all correct I still have to get the info on the car in. Have finally gotten the computer to quit revolting and trying to take over!!!!! I fixed it with a piece of cardboard??? I will still be around and will contribute anything I can.
Good to hear Bill... There are a few of us former owners that have this stuff as part of our DNA... Your price is very reasonable for such a high quality GT...

More and better pic to come. Have downloaded all of my pics on photo bucket.
GT40B.jpg
Car1.jpg
GT 40 int.jpg
P1170273.JPG
17505132_1282992865071724_7953628512244485529_o.jpg
P1270150.JPG
P6070397.JPG
trailer1.jpg

Attachments

• PB080011.JPG
    PB080011.JPG
    351.2 KB · Views: 1,137
  • P8230493.JPG
    P8230493.JPG
    388.6 KB · Views: 1,098
Last edited:
5th pic was at the Atlanta International Auto Show. Our club was one of only a few clubs to ever show.
The 9th pic shows the stainless panels with the engine turnings
The chip sheet is one of 2 found for the linden green of the 61-Ford Anglia.
The trailer will go to the next owner. It has a 5000lb. winch.

Last edited:
It took me a while to find the engine components. Here they are.

Eagle 3.85 stroker crank and internally balanced it.
Eagle H beam 5.956” rods.
Comp XE 282 hydraulic roller cam with 1.6:1 roller rockers.
AFR 205 heads
ARP bolts throughout.
TWM 8 port F.I.
Moroso electric water pump.
Kevko oil pan with pickup. Heavily baffled with trap doors and a crank scraper.

The AFR heads are the ones that took 1st place for that year in the competition for Flow. believe it was engine Masters
that put it on. Could be wrong about that. Had to port the intake manifold to match the huge ports on the heads. That engine
would breathe better than any I had ever experienced. No lag what so ever when you drop the hammer.

Price 88k
Autocraft battery
Dual horns
In the cabin area:

Back