GT40 MKII gulf colors decal# ??

Hi All,

I am new to the circle and just purchased a SPF GT40 #2202. Here is a pic of the colors.... blackberry 008.jpg

I am in the process of purchasing decals for it and didn't know historiclly what the best number would be for it. Can someone give me some advise. I personaly like #7 or #6... Also ordered the engine and the ZF tranny that cost an arm and a leg... If anyone has any advise it would be apprciated.

Thanks
David

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Pick whatever number makes you happy...there was never a "Gulf Mk II" so there is no "wrong" number.

Enjoy your car and have fun......that's all you you can get from these cars, a good time and a warm fuzzy.

Hi David,

Your decal order via the '1075 Gulf Spec' package is en route. There was another Mk II posted recently that had the same livery and I was surprised how nice it looked. No right or wrong, the #7 should do the trick.

Chris
Raceline

Dave,

On numbers:
9 was the winner Gulf in 1968 with Bianchi - Rodriguez (is my number I choose)
6 was winner Gulf in 1969 with Ickx - Redman (more famous number with exiting last hour race against Porche)
Both were same car 1075 serial.

Fred

Keith

Hi All,

I am new to the circle and just purchased a SPF GT40 #2202. Here is a pic of the colors.... View attachment 35610

I am in the process of purchasing decals for it and didn't know historiclly what the best number would be for it. Can someone give me some advise. I personaly like #7 or #6... Also ordered the engine and the ZF tranny that cost an arm and a leg... If anyone has any advise it would be apprciated.

Thanks
David

Personally, I think this is the best number for street driven cars... :)

Untitled-1copy.jpg

Thanks for the replys... I do love the way #7 looks. I think I will go with that. I will post pic's as soon as I get it on...

I'm going with the Roush 427R engine with some modifications...
1) 950 HP Carb
2) Cam & Lifters
3) Jesel Shaft Rockers
4) Hy-Vo Timing set
5) Custom length pushrods

Should pull out 575 HP and pull to 7000 rpm...

Back