GT40 on Ebay - $33,000 - Nice looking car

The purchase terms:

" The remainder of the purchase price will be due within three days by wire transfer only, to an account which I will specify. No checks, no money orders, no bank checks, nothing -- when I see verified funds in the account, the car will ship."

seem suspicious - bidders be careful. If I were bidding, I would set up some kind of escrow arrangement with a bank - they would not release the funds until the car was delivered and inspected! This would have to be agreed to by the seller.

:stunned:

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
There was a thread about this last week, but it's apparently been deleted. The owner is on this forum as "Dukegrad98" and IIRC, he explained his "harsh" wording in the eBay auction pretty well - he's a lawyer!

He's also apparently a regular on the cobra forum.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
All I can say is that the economy must REALLY be in the crapper for this car to have only one bid at the price it's at now. Sure, it will need a few grand of interior work etc. to make it stunning, but considering the fact that it is a completed running car it seems like quite a deal to me. Anyone in Canada looking at it should verify WHEN it was first registered, but as a KVA it is likely more than 15 years ago which means it can easily be imported into Canada without the hassles and hoop-jumping a kit would require.

Mark

Back