GT40 Scratch Build For Sale **SOLD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: GT40 Scratch Build For Sale

Kalun,

What an effort, kudos!

I see the inverted lower A arm provision for rear sway bar, but none in place? Couldn't make out one in front, either...got any chassis "tweaks" for us?

Thanks for the posting, amazing!

Mark

For all those wondering how this GT40 performs. I have ridden and driven this car and the handling is supurb. This GT corners like it was glued to the road.Very good attention to detai.

Richard

Kalun,

I still marvel at the effort involved.

You note dual electric fans, but none seen on the overhead?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Kalun, first off your build is just outstanding (from one scratch builder to another). I can see how much time, effort AND knowledge is in this project.

Please do not take offense of the following, my honest opinion ---- that color sucks for sale purposes. Everything UNDER that paint job is worth easy $75k!

My advise: Take the ad off and repaint that car. You will sell that car without get beat down.

Again, please don't take offense - but it is what it is.

Pete from Texas

Kalun,

Thanks for the info on the sway bars. Great documentation, reads like a textbook.

Again, because I didn't see it, nor was any mention made of air conditioning. Perhaps not much of a concern near Seattle, eh?

Regards,

Mark

Someone by this car already... do a re-paint for $8k(tops), and you're in a nice GT40 for 67k.. Kurt

Hi, anyone knows if this car is still available?
Thanks for any info, Tony

Yes, this car is still available.

No it doesn't have AC, temps are moderate in Seattle and wanted to lean towards a track car.

no offense taken, you aren't the first person that said that. Mostly kids like the color, I've seen a few grown ups like it but no one with any money :laugh:

the original intent was to never sell the thing but you know how that goes.

Yeah if it doesn't sell by fall it's getting a repaint, but I just want to move on to the next project.

Hi Kalun, first off your build is just outstanding (from one scratch builder to another). I can see how much time, effort AND knowledge is in this project.

Please do not take offense of the following, my honest opinion ---- that color sucks for sale purposes. Everything UNDER that paint job is worth easy $75k!

My advise: Take the ad off and repaint that car. You will sell that car without get beat down.

Again, please don't take offense - but it is what it is.

Pete from Texas

you could offer to have it painted what ever colour the new buyer wanted and change the price a little...that way you dont paint it blue when the next buyer is chasing a gold one....

I agree with Dave... good advice..
BUT- get a binding Letter of Intent from the buyer, and a down payment before you re-paint,... otherwise the paint shop guy is going to be your new best friend...
Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.