GT40NA carbon fiber car

34957729-6c30-02000180-.jpg

34957730-4f8a-02000180-.jpg

34957782-84dd-02000180-.jpg
for sale is gt40na car #4.
yellow/black stripes, black interior
driven less than 150 miles and carbon fiber parts everywhere! (even the seat belt bezels and radiator support)

built in Indianapolis by gt40na & Derrick Walker racing.
assembled by indy car techs & engineers.

Chief technical engineer on the project is Andrew Broadley,,son of Eric Broadley (the designer of the Lola GT in the sixties - which became the GT40 once ford joined in.)

bodywork:
all body panels are strong/lighweight carbon fiber, (except roof)

chassis, suspension, brakes:
powder coated tubular steel chassis with roll bar, side impect protection, and bolt on F & R subframe assemblies

front suspension: powder painted tubular upper & lower control arms, w/ koni coil overs, & adjustable sway bar

rear suspension: powderpainted "reverse wishbone" with trailing arms, all heim jointed and koni coil overs

Baer racing brake calipers w/ slotted & drilled rotors all around
tilton racing pedal assembly w/dual master cylinders
indy car gas pedal

drivetrain
engine is a 351 windsor w/ alum GT40 heads & roller valvetrain
induction is alum intake w/ single holley 4 barrel
ignition is complete MSD system
canton oil pan, elec fuel pump,
all hardware, bolts, misc parts new
exhaust system is all stainless steel,including bursch mufflers
headers built & collectors tuned by indy car techs

radiator is aluminum C&R unit with dual fans
pure silicone race hoses on cooling system, with integrated air bleeds & recovery tank = no overheating issues

transaxle is a Renault 5 speed w/HD input shaft,
driveshafts have 110mm cv joints,
shifter is cable operated from an acura NSX

interior:
sparco steering wheel w/ tilt column
custom stitched leather seats w/ "gt40na" embroidery
headliner, dome light, kenwood satellite radio
carbon fiber center console and door panels
carbon fiber inner firewall,
heat insulation and dynamat throughout interior
silver face gauges
full carpet
simpson cam lock belts
ice cold air conditioning and heater

wheels/tires :
17 inch compomotive 3 piece wheels, powder painted centers
with yokohoma AVS z rated tires (315s rear)

this car is unique, light, and incredibly fast.
It combines the styling of the original sixties car, with the latest racecar materials & technology.

see pictures of it here
http://members19.clubphoto.com/alain658327/2141054/owner-44bd.phtml

Priced to sell-NOW ! Own it for almost 1/2 of original price from GT40NA! Asking $80k serious offers considered
(export can also be arranged)

Alain Vanhollebeke
[email protected]

785-228-2440 shop (m-f 8-5 central time)

Alain,
That has to be one of the cleanest builds out there. Simply gourgeous. Would like to get some track numbers if available. What is the weight of that thing. I'm guessing under 2200#.

Bill

this car has less tham 150 miles on it, and all of them were on the street for sorting it out and checking for squeeks/rattles, etc.

I have well over 200 hours of labor in it of fixing little details that GT40NA missed when they built the car.
(I added a bunch of sound and heat insulation to the cockpit, had to re route the a/c drains-relocate the steering column for more legroom, etc,etc.)

I can tell you that the body is much, MUGH lighter than my GT40NZ fiberglass unit, but I have not weighed this car myself.

GT40NA have specs and claims, but I don't know if their numbers are true "real world" data, or how they came up with them.

I'll dig up their spec page and see if I can add the link.

I do know that this particular car shifts nice and crisp, accelerates like no other street car I've ever driven, and has alot of very high end materials in it's consturction.

Is this car perfect,,,,,,NO. But in my opinion, I have never seen a perfect one.
I am a very picky guy and there are a few things about the car that I am personally not satisfied with,,,,,but they are mostly little cosmetic items.

Of course, you can pick apart a brand new ferrari enzo too, if you look close enough.

I personally don't like the choice of headlights on the car as they are too "square" for my tastes. The GT40NA guys used these because they are DOT approved.
They could easily be changed to the better looking cibie type lights by making a new back panel and painting the headlight recess flat black.

I am not 100% owner of the car, and am not able to buy out my "partner/employer" at this time.
(if I could afford to buy the car for myself, I would)

Selling this car because I am leaving my job of 25 years to start my own biz, and trying to clean up all ties with my current employer.

here is the GT40NA spec link: web page
Their cars cost over $130k now and they have changed them since this one was built.

34957727-47b9-02000180-.jpg

Howard Jones

Supporter
So how does this work with a opening bid of 64500, no reserve, and no bids. I mean I think the car is worth 65K but does this mean that the current owner has bid 64500 and will win the bidding on his own car if there are no higher bids? This seams like a reserve to me.
Now thats OK. I would never sell my car with no reserve either. I'll burn it before I let it go for 20K or something stupid like that. Just wondering, no big deal. Nice car it should fetch mid 60-70s.

Hi Howard, actually on ebay if your selling a car , you pay a "insertion fee " of $40 to list the vehicle. If someone bids then you pay another 40. If you have a reserve and it does not hit the reserve then you pay an extra 5 dollars. If it does then you just pay the $80 total. No percent like items in other areas , so actually pretty cheap to sell or advertise a car on ebay. Other stuff on there has "listing fees" and "final value fees" 5.25 % , 1 penny to 25 bucks, after that add 2.75 % , over $1,000 ad another 1.5 percent to the remaining amount above. You can always nickel dime yourself with extras, featured listings, extra pics, longer listings, etc.. My wife is a ebay queen, selling,,,, so I here lots of this. Take care , Dan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif PS,,, I look forward to after the holidays and you change your avatar,,, its makes it hard to concentrate ,,, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
So how does this work with a opening bid of 64500, no reserve, and no bids. I mean I think the car is worth 65K but does this mean that the current owner has bid 64500 and will win the bidding on his own car if there are no higher bids? This seams like a reserve to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the starting point for the bidding, and it accomplishes a couple of things.

#1 it instantly weeds out all the 14 year olds & tire kickers (and those with 14 year old mentality) who think they are going to buy a $100k item for twenty bucks and a box of doughnuts.

#2 it shows that I am a serious seller, risking that a $65k bid could possibly buy a car that costs over $100k to replace.

Oh, and it is no secret that many cars sold at supposed "NO RESERVE" collector car auctions (such as the Barret Jackson circus) are actually bid on by the owners buddies or "bought" by the originasl owner, as to not "give" their car away.....
....yes they lose the buyers & sellers fee, but at least they still own the car and keep the market "up".

Wall street and hollywood aren't the only places in the USA that are masters of illusion & special effects.

OK,,,, I now need to relist the darn thing on ebay as my sale of the NA car fell through.
It was not that the buyer didn't like the car,,,,,the problem was that he is just TOO BIG for it (or any GT40) that I can think of.

The potential buyer showed up today to go drive the car and finalize the transaction,,,,but there is no way he was going to be able to drive the car.
He was well over 6feet tall and most of his height in the torso,,,,,so it just wasn't going to happen.

Oh well,,,,back on ebay she goes.

<font color="red">REDUCED to $70,000 </font>

carbon fiber body,

351 windsor power,

stainless headers,

3 piece compomotives,

C&amp;R radiator,

where else are you going to find this much car for this price?

Well, the GT40NA left this morning with it's new owner. The young man, knew what he wanted,,,knew what he was looking for,,,,made an offer,,,, and took home his new toy.....
simple, no muss, no fuss.

I don't know why,,,,but the ordeal of selling this particular car has me saying, good riddence!

I don't know if I was just jinxed, or the car had some sort of weird voodooo,,,,,but it seems like I had to deal with every tire-kicking squirrel on the freaking planet on this one.

It got to the point where I dreaded talking to anyone about the car, and the questions were getting more ridiculous by the minute.

I had more than one person ask, "do the doors open like a lamborghini?"
Then there were the ultra geniuses who'd ask,,,, "is the car fast?"
,,,and then there's the endless parade of jack asses who think they're going to knock a car they haven't even seen in person, but they are willing to take it off your hands for about half your asking price. What a bunch of shmucks!

SO now the car is gone,,,, and if I disclosed the price,,,, I garuntee you it would "crash" the GT40 market for many of you trying to sell right now.
I ended up practically giving the thing away!
Yeah, someone made the right call, at the right time, and bought it for what most companies sell a rolling kit for.

Oh, All these guys posting their(CAV, etc) cars on ebay for a hundred grand, hahahahaha. Good luck!
If you get contacted by the same group I've had to deal with over the last few months, you better have the patience of a Saint.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Alain,

Sorry to hear you had to take less than the car was worth. If I had been able to figure out a way to get it into Canada, that might have been me driving it away, although I probably wouldn't have had the heart to lowball you on price based on how much work obviously went into the car. Oh well, all you can do is look forward. Good luck with your new business venture!

Mark

I actually had a number of inquiries from Canada. It is unfortunate that the car had a 2004 Kansas title, as that made it a hurdle for alot of interested parties.
That issue alone cost me a number of potential buyers. It is ridiculous that the titling laws vary so much in the US from state to state. Typical government clusterf**k.

My only alternative for "re-titling" the vehicle as an older unit, would have been to do some borderline/ shady stuff with the paperwork,,,,and I am not the type to risk breaking the law for a few thousand bucks.
.....too bad the same can't be said for a majority of our elected officials.

On a positive note,,,,,, I finally took posession of my new building on Friday.
My entire family is beat, as we have been working our tails off this weekend, cleaning and planning to move in ASAP.

I owe my wife a great, great amount of thanks (I have a feeling that a jewelery purchase is in my immediate future). She volunteered to take her vacation during the next week, in order to spend it getting the new shop ready to move into.
She is single handedly taking care of all the details, changing locks, painting, wiring, dealing with contracters, etc,,,,,,,so that I can continue to work my current job until we are ready for the grand opening.

I'll be so busy in the upcoming months, that I won't have time to miss either of the GT40s.

Ron Earp

Admin
Glad that the car is behind you, even if it wasn't the money you wished to have. Sometimes it is best to move on! What sort of business are you guys getting ready to start up, car related? Hope things go well for you and maybe we'll meet the new owner here! Best,

Ron

Ron , after flipping wrenches for someone else for 25 years, I decided it was time to open my own shop. (it took me a long time to fiugre it out I guess, because this change is long overdue)

I can now, finally work on all of my customers vehicles in one location.
I bought an 8k square foot facility and have plenty of space to do both, general repair/service work,,,and also have space for perfromance car- project car work.

Previously, I had to constantly shuffle tools around, because I was working in a "mercedes ONLY" shop, and bringing anything else in there was frowned upon.

I got tired of having to turn work away, as most of my mercedes customers also own other types of vehicles they want me to take care of.

It was obvious to me in 2005, when I managed to make more money in my garage at home-a few hours a night, than I made at my full time job for the year.

I just saved every penny I could, and put everything I made towards start up funds for my own biz.

When I had a substantial amount of capitol saved up,,,, I first offered to "buy out" my employer.
He didn't take me seriously, so I offered once more, and gave him the choice of "him or me-one of us had to go".

Again, I was not taken seriously.

A few weeks later, I made arrangements to buy this building.
Somehow, my employer got wind that something was up.

Sooo, he asked me what was going on, and I told him I was leaving around the middle of Feb.
He was totally shocked.

I got alot of, "how could you do this to me",,,,and "why didn't you tell me" crap....

...to which I answered, "I'm not doing anything TO YOU. I am doing something FOR ME and my future."
I gave him the chance to cash out, but he obviously didn;t think it was enough,,,,,,or he didn't believe I would be a success,,, so now he has one less mechanic, and he knows all the biz is following me.

Long story, but that's it in a nutshell.

Well done Alain. All the very best wishes to you and your family for success in the future. With luck perhaps you wont be without a 40 for long.

Ron Earp

Admin
Good luck with it Alain, hope it'll work out. Seems that you have your heart in it and you tried to work something out with the former partner/employer. But, sometimes they don't know what they've got until your are gone!

Back