gtd 40 - MK IV

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Chris, the link doesn't work for me. The only company I know making a GT40 Mark IV is RCR replicas.

Your link doesn't work but yes the Mk IV existed - it won Le Mans - ask Jim....

Don't know if there were any GTD versions

Attachments

• mark IV.jpg
    mark IV.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 624
I like the front wheel well vents though. They are probably very effective in removing air from that area. Nicely done car.

I think you guys are over reacting. Granted, it's a bit over the top in some respects. But it wouldn't take much to fix it up. New front clip, rework the rear clip, and fix that aluminum interior. The plus is the 427 BB.

Mike Pass

Supporter
You can always be relied upon to be a real gentleman Bill. I appreciate you are being positive. I agree it could be made good quite easily but why f**k up a classic in the first place? I always remenber some guy on the TV talking about the GT40 saying that in his opinion Ford didn't appreciate what they had in the forty. He was right and perhaps it is fortunate that there are lots of people (esp on this forum) who do. Maybe I should go and stick that moustache and specs on the Mona Lisa!
Cheers
Mike

Most GT40 builders try to replicate an original. Me included. On the other hand, a lot of Cobra owners like to "personalize" their cars. While I don't think these beautiful cars should be altered, they are replicas and not originals. Hence, personalizing them to their owner's tastes is strictly their business.

Just my opinion :)

Malcolm

Supporter
Wasn't there a thread sometime back which showed this car under construction? Don't remember it getting so much flak then. If customising is your thing then its good. If you are more purist, then it sucks!

To answer the earlier question- no GTD never did a Mk 4. I would quess the post just has the names confused. As a custom race/street car IMHO it is not bad. I like the flip up windows and the fender vents but don' like the no back window. Vision out is bad enough in these cars with a back window. All in all not a bad effort but not my cup of tea.

To me it looks like something a teenager would do to a Honda or Toyota. Hate it with the wing, I could live with the rest but still think it's hard to beat the original styling.

Steve

Back