FS AUS GTD Seats

Brian Wilson

Lifetime Supporter
Pair of completely refurbished seats from my 1984 GTD40. All foam, webbing and covers replaced. High quality leather covers. These seats are on runners, which bolt through the floor. I built new seats to bolt directly to floor because of headroom/helmet issues.

These are quite heavy and bulky to ship. Perhaps best suited to someone located in Australia (I'm in Sydney).

Attachments

• IMG_2017.jpg
    IMG_2017.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 623
  • IMG_2018.jpg
    IMG_2018.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 331

Brian Wilson

Lifetime Supporter
Sorry, forgot to say how much. Around $2000 for the pair, which is less than half the cost of the refurbishment. BW

might help if you put up some basic dimensions of the seats and also how thick the padding is on the base. They look as good as they get.

Brian Wilson

Lifetime Supporter
Dave & Paul

Sorry, just got back to this and saw your messages.

Paul, I'll find out an approx shipping cost to Canada and get some measurements so you can both check them out. Yes very high quality and on original GTD frames. With the runners, they are about 1 1/2" off the floor at the base and have around 9" of fore and aft travel. The mounting bolts on the bottom are fixed so they just bolt through the floor. Large washers underneath are a good idea.

I'm a bit over 6'1". My GTD has a Gurney bubble and I can sit in the seat without a helmet with these, but not much room to spare. I'm racing the car now, so had the fixed seats made up in the same style.

Will measure and put up the dimensions tomorrow.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Wilson

Lifetime Supporter
Guys

Here are the measurements for the seats:

Overall width 44cm
Width of cushion (base) 33cm
Height from base (floor) to front of cushion - under your knees - 21cm
Height from floor to rear of seat cushion 13cm
(both of these are with no one in the seat - they compress 2-3cm)
Height from floor to top of headrest 69cm
Width at top of headrest 44cm
Mounting bolts are fixed to runners, bolt through floor 33.5cm front to back and 31cm side to side
Seat travel on runners (theoretically) 27cm - this will depend what position you bolt them in
The backrest follows the angle of the rear bulkhead so will sit right against it when adjusted fully to the rear - there is about a 10cm space above the top of the bulkhead and behind the headreast

These were installed with retractable lap/sash seatbelts in the normal position. The headrest is too high to take harness shoulder straps over the top (safely) - you would need to cut a small slot just above the back cushion to feed them through there. There's space behind the seat to mount shoulder harness points on the bulkhead.

These are top quality seats as originally installed in GTDs but much higher quality leather covers and better seating foam. Original type webbing under seat base. The leather looks a bit like suede because it has a matte finish. My new fixed ones look exactly the same and really set the car off.

I'll try to get an approximate shipping cost for Canada tomorrow.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Wilson

Lifetime Supporter
Here's another pic showing the setup with the runners. These are pretty low profile but have a lot of adjustment and work very smoothly - no rattles.

Brian

Attachments

• IMG_2048.jpg
    IMG_2048.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 277
Dave if you don't want those seats i would like a shot at them. Brian do you have a pic of the in the car from before just so I can see the height did the go up to the window? Also price of shipping ?

Brian Wilson

Lifetime Supporter
Paul

The top of the seats are about level with the bottom of the rear window. Trying to attach a couple of older pics with them in the car so you can see. Looking into shipping cost to Canada. Cheers Brian

Attachments

• 26gtd40.jpg
    26gtd40.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 294
  • 27gtd40.jpg
    27gtd40.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 285

Brian Wilson

Lifetime Supporter
Paul

A$2000 is currently about US$1850. I'm looking at what's involved in packing them to protect them properly. Will get back to you with something workable and a price.

Will send you a pm as soon as I sort I out.

Cheers

Brian

PS I notice most kit car gurus now say to start your build with the seats. I can sort of see why - first thing you notice! BW

Brian Wilson

Lifetime Supporter
Paul

Finally got an estimate for shipping the seats. A challenge because they are quite bulky and need to be packed carefully to avoid damage. Pack n Send here can make a custom carton to hold both seats and ship seamail for around $300. Shipping from here to US via sea takes around three weeks, but I suspect would take longer to to - maybe six weeks all up? I get motorcycle parts from a guy in Canada, but he uses airfreight and it's just a few days. Wouldn't be economic with these because of the weight.

Where in Canada are you?

I haven't tried Fedex - they may be much faster and not much more expensive. I bring race tyres from California with them and it works out pretty well. Would probably need to use two boxes in that case. I'll look into it, but in the meantime let me know what you think about the shipping cost and timing.

Cheers

Brian

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Might be worth trying DHL. I find they are often on the cheaper side for international shipments.

Back