Gulf cars required for NEC show

Hi all

As part of our display celibrating the LeMans win by the mighty Gulf GT40 at this year's NEC classic car show i need 2 more Gulf coloured GT40's (originals more than welcome :p) to display on the stand to help us put on a really good show.

It's at the NEC 14-16th with fit-up on the 13th November. It's a great chance to show of your vehicle, meet like minded people and get free entry to the show. If you've got a Gulf GT40 (original or replica) or know somone who has and can help please PM me for details.

regards

dick

Hi Dick!
Hope you are well. Can't offer a Gulf coloured car, but do you need a hand with the fit-out?
Sorry I've not been in contact for a while, but work went mad, then Esther had another miscariage (at 3.5 months this time), so I've not had a whole lot of spare time. My car's still in bits - just need to get the exhaust painted, and it should be OK! - again, a lack of time....
Anyway, If I can be of assistance, you know where I am.

Darren

Hi Darren
sorry to here about your loss and my best regards to Esther. we got the stand up OK thanks to Richard G and Mike K. Mike was a star.
one car was a no show, so at 11.30 pm I drove my car over to the NEC with Mike running shotgun to bring me back home, it was fun with me sliding all over the place on the wet roads.
I am at the NEC in the morning to logo 3 of the cars, as I did not have time last night.

Attachments

• 13112008198.jpg
    13112008198.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 355
I was there on Friday, but missed seeing Dick.
The stand is great, with the Gulf theme very clearly displayed (any chance of fuel and lubricants for the Club for LMC 2010, Dick?), and was manned by Club members very smartly turned out in Gulf-themed Club polo shirts.
The whole thing gave a very positive impression of a Club that knows where it's going.
Of course, they were deluged with people crawling all over the cars.
Well done, guys!

Frank;
we have kva, gtd, my kva bodied gtd, and a southern GT.

Tony, do to work i did not get there on Friday. Gulf did send us lots of goodies for the show. maybe fuel and lubricants for the Club for LMC 2010,
regards Dick

Dick, good spread but why we rarely see the other manufacturers cars at such events? I am told by several people today that the display you have put on is excellent, well done.

Mike Pass

Supporter
Here are a few pics of the enthusiasts club stand at the Classic Car Show at the NEC. The show was very busy and the club stand in particular was packed. It took nearly ten minutes to get these pics as I was struggling to get a clear view of anything. The pics do not really convey the crowds on the stand which was a regular GULF-orama! I tried to cadge a free Gulf poster and a polished ZFQ gearbox but no luck with either.
Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• NEC 08 1W.jpg
    NEC 08 1W.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 317
  • NEC 08 2W.jpg
    NEC 08 2W.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 250
  • NEC 08 3W.jpg
    NEC 08 3W.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 285
  • NEC 08 4W.jpg
    NEC 08 4W.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 267
  • NEC 08 5W.jpg
    NEC 08 5W.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 270
  • NEC 08 6W.jpg
    NEC 08 6W.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 307
  • NEC 08 7W.jpg
    NEC 08 7W.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 268
  • NEC 08 8W.jpg
    NEC 08 8W.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 277
  • ZFQ At NECW.jpg
    ZFQ At NECW.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 298
HI Frank;
At the show a lot of clubs have themes to there stands. this was the first time we had a theme to our stand, and I think it worked. the stand is not down to me,alone. we all need to thank Richard Guest, Mike Kelly, Dave Hensley, and to all the members cars on show.
re cars on the stand, its hard to get cars for the stand, who wants to bring there car out on a wet November weekend. so as to next year,s theme, lets have some suggestions ?
regards Dick

Back