Hand made full size wooden Ferrari !!

Just stumbled upon this on an industrial auction site that I use and thought it may be of interest to someone!!

I have no connection with this company or auction.

Sweeney Kincaid Industrial Auctioneering

Looks like someone has put an amazing amount of work into it!!

Attachments

• ferrari.jpg
    ferrari.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 496
Ditto that, why a testarossa. The best thing about a testarossa is how it drives, not how it looks.

And, it actually looks like he carved a copy of a really bad replica testarossa based upon a Fiero or something..... Why?

I'm sure you'll find marked in very small print somewhere: This car completed by inmate 37562 at the state pen. wood-working shop. It only took 20 years to complete. Your tax dollars at work!

What else was the guy going to do. This would actually make sense to me.

I hope so! I'd rather have a real one for about $40,000......

I've driven a testarossa, and they are amazing drivers cars. At 150 most other cars start to act weird - windscreen wipers fly off, the front end feels like it wants to take off, outside mirrors fold back and then launch off, door windows look like they're getting sucked out of their rails, etc. No such nonsense with a testarossa, rock solid and happy to run up to its top speed in excess of 180mph. Amazing car. Even current supercars struggle to match that level of competence. A lot of car for the money.

When the auction closes I hope the money goes back to the prison system to help cover costs.

Last edited:
Back