Has any one looked at or used MiMod HP system?

I was looking at the MiMod HP system on there website. They are set-up to integrate with ISIS wiring system.

With there system you can design the layout of a dash display panel and have a second screen to use for all the other option ( switches, radio, nav, back up panel and more).

I figure this would make for a smoother cleaner looking dash for a street based car if you used this with the options that ISIS has also.

Having my brother in-law go and see them to find more information out and to check things out in general.

I'm interested in leveraging a central display to eliminate as many buttons as possible.

I look forward to your next post on what you find out...

What I have learned so far from other forums is. That they are working on a interface to work with both Motec and Fast XFI systems along with OBD2 for display options. They also already are working with ISIS as far as integrating into the wiring system for basic controls. I have sent a email out to see if there is apossiblity of a interface for IPhone or IPad for sound besides there built in system. Also checking on bluetooth options. they are using a embedded version of windows7. To add or change options or programs. You have to go thought them and they send you a update via email to the programs.

They have a garmin based gps app, rear view cam app, sat radio, hd radio and mp3 apps. Along with an option for upto 32 switches I believe.

Once you settle on a system or option they work with you design the lay out for the screens and dash panel if you are using one, once this is done then the program the unit and ship it out to you.

This looks like a great system, a group buy would make this a viable
addition to custom fitted display for the SL-C. Great catch Rebeca lynn, I am in.
If this works out I will have some more stuff for sale.
Cheers,

I might be interested in a group buy as well. I think it would depend upon agreeing upon a user interface screen design we could all live with.

I think there are 3 schools of thought on what builders are looking for:
  1. Screen that both the driver and passenger use for things like stereo, GPS, interior lights, etc
  2. Screen that the driver uses mainly for viewing gauges, indicators, exterior light controls, etc
  3. Both 1 & 2 above in a single screen
Your thoughts?

Rebeca lynn let us know what you find out.
I have called them as well by phone, waiting to hear back. Anyone interested in getting in on a group buy please post here. I will post all info when I hear back. Anyone with any info on this system please jump in.
Mimod, you tube link [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BybO5sQar7Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BybO5sQar7Y[/ame]

I recived a message back from Jamie Walters withthe company making these.

They would be interseted in doing a group purchase in groups of 5.

I have a email for him.

As I am going to be out of town for a while do to my work, I am not going to be able to be the contact on this.

If someone would like to be the contact, let me know and I will pass the email on to you.

I am wanting to b pat of the purchase on this, just unable to be the contact person.

Ok hear's what I have found out so far, spoke to Troy at EV Instruments they make the Mimod he is going see if he can work out a display screen that will look factory for the SL-C, I have to send him some info and will do that soon. It will do pretty much everything you can think of and more. if you want to take it a step further they offer a different gauge cluster as well if you don't want the Koso or Digi dash pro for an extra $1000.00 Troy said there is a lot of info through a Facebook link for those who would like to know more about it. I will post more after I send Troy the info he needs.
cheers,

Thanks Grant for taking the lead on this.

I will want one of the systems with the guage cluster option for the SLC as I am nearing. Putting my deposit down on one. Also may be interested in a second system also for nother project I am working on.

I have sent Troy the meaurements he needed to work out a display for the SL-C.
any one who might like to order one please sign up. I will post the reply back from Troy when he works it out.
Cheers,

Spoke with Troy again today he has his development guys working on a design to make a screen case to fit in the SL-C dash to match the shape of the center cavity. Also this is pretty cool he was saying a tuner system can be installed into it as well for those who would like to play with there engines tune. I've had people ask if screen colors can be changed to different colors, no problem. Gauges can be made to look like pretty much any thing you wish. Being the SL-C center cavity is quite small the screen size will be 4" x 7". Cost will be in the $1800.00 range. It plugs right into the ISIS harness that comes with the SL-C and will take care of all your switch's and controls. I will be talking to Troy to look into a gauge cluster screen as well with a speedo, tack, fuel etc... to replace the KOSO or Digi dash to give it a street car look. Only the shape of the dash in this area may not work all that well with a rectangular screen, We shall see. Looks like I have a stereo for sell.
Cheers,

Hello Troy is working out the switches screen and would like to know what switch's we would like to see and for it to control, any thoughts please post.
Thanks,

The main switches that I can think of are

Igniton - main power
Ignition - start
Fuel - main
Fuel - secondary pump
Fans - radiator
Fans - oil cooler
Fans - transaxle cooler
Fans - intercooler ( for supercharged and turbo builds)

Then 3-4 optional for other odds and in

Not sure what else would be needed.
Can you check to see if they have a control option for the a\c sytem that is being shipped with the car right now.

I did not think about lights so maybe add

Headlights
Running lights
Interior lights

If I remeber correctly there is around 32 switchs that can be programed. So to have the most common switches pre programed with a option for others to be user defined would most likely be the best as each of our builds are different.

Back