Haynes GT40 workshop manual

Wow, I can't imagine why Haynes would put out a GT40 manual. I mean, how many of those are they going to sell? I understand why they might put out a manual for a porsche boxster or a classic mustang or an old school mini.....but a GT40? I'm not complaining however....love to see it.

They do some very interesting things now, Red Bull F1 car/Starship enterprise/millemium falcon etc. Great for a conversation starter on the coffie table.

Darrell DRB#46
LS1/G50

Doug S.

Lifetime Premier Supporter
Available at the local "O'Reilley's", or a special order?

I tried to find a copy of Ronnie Spain's new book on GT40's at Books-a-Million. They didn't even list it as being in print.

Onward through the fog!

Cheers!

Doug

Interesting. How accurate is that Spitfire one? Would one guess that this will be accurate to the originals (or at least one of them since each were a bit different)?

It does say 1964 onwards for all Marks, guessing they may not have included the Mark IV :)

Interesting. How accurate is that Spitfire one? Would one guess that this will be accurate to the originals (or at least one of them since each were a bit different)?

It does say 1964 onwards for all Marks, guessing they may not have included the Mark IV :)
No, the cover says "J" and "Mk IV"

But do they cover Mk III????

No idea as to accuracy, the HBoL is hardly noted for that when its for a car however. ;)

They do loads of interesting ones, hopefully this Category - Aviation - Military Aircraft link works for the warplanes, 'manuals' from our Spitfire and Hurricane through the Lancaster and Vulcan. Then on to your P-51,F-4, F-86 and the B-17.

Certainly one to add to the shopping list when it actually becomes available (only one site gets a hit from the ISBN and even that has a DB error).

Ive got a load of these historical Haynes books and they are really good coffee table books. The apollo 11 one is a great book if your into rockets. They're nothing like regular haynes manuals though, just a historical reference book full of pics. I doubt there's anything in the GT40 one that hasnt appeared elsewhere but I'll certainly be ordering it when it comes out.

TrevS

Haynes GT40 workshop manual delayed

Bad news guys, Haynes Manuals tweeted me earlier to tell me the GT40 manual is now due out in September

I spoke to the people at Haynes last Monday at there main US warehouse in Tennessee.:veryangry: They said the new release date is now mid November 2012 available in the UK, hard to get in the USA. Recommended ordering from a UK vendor.