Help with my history

I was wondering if any of you out there could help me out with the exact centenary of Ford. I have looked in all my GT40, Shelby books and on the web, however Ford seem to have celebrated several centenaries since 2000! I have an official date for the formation of the Ford Motor Company as 16th June 1903 which makes the official centenary this year. If this is so, can anyone tell me if there are likely to be any get togethers planned nearer the date? If I have my dates mixed up, it may explain the blank looks from some...

Thanks.

Cheers Meat. I'm glad I didn't have my facts wrong after all, however I became paranoid after the blank looks came from two main Ford dealers close to home. Ironically both dealers were totally unaware of the centenary and any plans to promote it. Seems they do not mirror their American counterparts. Be nice to hear if any of the clubs are going to organise anything...whichever continent they live in. I'll keep checking the Forum's pages.

I thought I'd just add this reply for information. I have been in touch with Ford UK with regards to the centenary. As far as they are concerned The Ford Motor Company will celebrate it's centenary on 16th June 2003...worldwide. I know I caught them unawares unlike their American counterparts, but it may be an idea to see what events your local dealer is promoting nearer the time. It may be an opportunity to take your '40 out for a spin.

Back