Here to learn, want one

Hi all,

Name is Bob, located in Northern California. Have been into hot rods, muscle cars, and track cars for 40 years. Current ride weighs 1790 #, is a 1923 Ford Track-T, powered by a purpose built 383 sbc stroker, built for as much torque, as low in the rpm band as possible, 516 lb/ft @ 2800. Of course had to give up a lot of hp for that number, only 320 hp @ 4050. Last dyno pull, tech asked me if it was a rock crawler motor. Tremec TKO 600 and Jag IRS 3.54 with 31" rear tires. 0.64 OD, so 73 mph is 1750 rpms. Turned a 10.8 @ 132 at Sacramento Raceway 3 years ago with the previous 355 circle track engine, now only 11.4. Will pull 1.04G's in corners. I use the latest G-Tech.

I am here to learn about the GT40. I had joined 2 Cobra forums but as much as I like Cobras, they are an open roadster like my Track-T and 400~650 lbs heavier. I have noticed some of the GT40s are lighter than the Cobra, with heat/AC and doors. Yes, I don't have doors on my ride, but will be keeping it even after a GT40 purchase because it is the most fun ride I have ever had. If anyone is interested I can post a video of this ride in action, but will wait for awhile. The video raised a stink on the HAMB, and other forums except my forum and the 2 Cobra forums. I hang with the T-bucket group with this car, and they have a hard time understanding the handleing difference of the purpose built low CG Track-T and their rides.

DSC013201014x760.jpg

DSC011201014x760.jpg

Thanks Dalton and Bill. Dalton, I've driven the new Ford GT, other than smelling more un-burned hydracarbons, what would be the totally different feel? I would guess on track day the GT 40s run faster laps than the Cobras?

Hi Bob - your car looks awesome. The numbers you posted are impressive...of course, I would like to see the video. On another note, the aircraft behind your car looks really beautiful too; it almost looks like it's parked in front of a (large) residential home. What and where is this?

Btw, I am Eric and I live in the Santa Cruz area (even though my car is parked in Livermore). Welcome to the forum.

Edit: I just found your videos. Pretty cool!

Last edited:
Hi Erich,

My brother lives in Seascape, Aptos. The Beech 18 is parked in the front yard of a friend's home at Cameron Air Park Estates off of hwy 50 between Folsom and Placerville. Here are a couple of more from the old neighborhood.

DSC011261014x760.jpg

DSC011221536x1152.jpg

I'll hold off posting the video that raised a stink over on the HAMB, but this vid, except for the speed, rather docile romp coming onto the freeway. Hit it at 60 mph in 3rd around 2900 rpms, just short of the secondaries kicking in. If you watch the tach and speedo you will see just a little spin for a second, then hook and book. I'll floor it in 4th and 5th, sometimes in 3rd if I know the road surface will allow hook up.

YouTube - ‪MOV01415‬‏

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Bob, welcome!

I love your rod!

When I was in college, I dated a girl who lived in Cameran Park, her dad was retired Air Force, it is a nice community.

There are a number of us here in Northern CA, Eric, Mesa and I (sometimes Howard) often get together at the Santana Row gathering on Saterday mornings. If your down this way, let us know, I'd love to see your rod!

So Mr Deck Officer, Navy?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Bob,

Yes, There is a car get together at the rear of Santana Row off Winchester Sat mornings 10:00 to 12:00, when it's not raining:)

Let me know if you are going, I'll be sure and be there.

I'm up near Placerville. Do you folks ever run the twisties on hwy 50 going to Tahoe? That is something I wouldn't miss, a chance to run with my future ride while still piloting the Track-T.

Back