Hest shielding

Reading through the forums, I have noticed comments about heat being transferred from the radiator and associated cooling system into the cabin area.

In surfing the web, I can across a heat shielding product that may help. I have no experience with this product. But it does look interesting

Johan

Supporter
Reading through the forums, I have noticed comments about heat being transferred from the radiator and associated cooling system into the cabin area.

In surfing the web, I can across a heat shielding product that may help. I have no experience with this product. But it does look interesting

I can confirm it’s a great product. I have used it for shielding around exhaust tubing and the cats. On a aluminium 2mm sheet I put two layers on, and when cats are almost glowing I can touch the alu sheet. Have about 10-15mm between cat and shielding.

Neil

Supporter
I used a similar product that was made by another manufacturer. I tested it with a propane torch and the ceramic textile fiber remains intact well after the foil has melted. I used it on the firewall to minimize heat transmission. One photo looks strange- it is the reflection of an overhead fluorescent light fixture.

Attachments

• Hi-Temp Insulation- Front.jpg
    Hi-Temp Insulation- Front.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 284
  • Hi-Temp Insulation- Rear.jpg
    Hi-Temp Insulation- Rear.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 266
  • Ceramic Fiber Burn Test.jpg
    Ceramic Fiber Burn Test.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 261
Back