How many guys name their cars ?

I've seen a few guys on this forum refer to their GT's with a female name. Like Howard's beauty is Betty the boustrious old broad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif My GT also has a name which came from my wife. She said to me one day that I treat that car like a Princess. So from then on she has been called the Princess. My wife said to me that I loved GT40's more than her. I told her that I loved her more than Ferrari's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Sleeping on the couch for a week ain't no fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Shouldn't the question read...

How many guys *Don't* name their cars :)

Sandy
65 Mustang Fastback - 'JACK THE RIPPER'

Keith

Appropriate name.....

Attachments

• 59336-Chevette3small.jpg
    59336-Chevette3small.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 292
Well....the 66 Mustang Fastback I'm currently restoring is going by the name "Godzilla" because it will be painted Emerald Green. Also goes by the name Financial Blackhole, The Knuckle Deskinner, and according to some of my more unflattering neighbors, Lawn Ornament.

Mine is " BLUE BEAUTY ". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Joseph

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
"start you fu**ing piece of sh*t"

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif That's kinda like the name "Smith" (or should I say 'Bloggs' for your side of the pond?)

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Mr Chat, I don't think naming a car Betty or Start you F#%%king piece of SH%%T is gay. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifHowever if someone in Cyberland has one named Damien or Geoffrey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Must be something wrong with me...I haven't named any of the cars I've built.

First AC Cobra replica was just called The Cobra. Then when we built the new Cobra, the old one was called The Blue Cobra and new one The Black Cobra. Doesn't take a genius to work out why.

And the GT40 is just called The GT40 or The GT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Howard Jones

Supporter
Betty got her name from the fact that when I got her she had Gurney bubbles on both doors. I thought at the time that they looked a lot like a pair of tits. Sooooo I could have named it tits but betty boobs kinda stuck. Reduced to betty from then on.

You spend five years in the garage and try NOT nameing your car.

At times it was named you mother%$@#^&* piece of s$*t amongst others. I just thought Betty was nice and g rated.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
At times it was named you mother%$@#^&* piece of s$*t amongst others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unbelievable !! What are the chances that 2 guys on opposite sides of the planet will give their cars exactly the same name ? !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

PS : now (mostly) I just call it "The GT", but a certain other person in the household still manages to find new (& mostly unprintable) names for it !!

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

I don't have a name for my car but my wife calls it "that bl**dy car"
I'm guessing she may not be alone.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My wife keeps referring to mine as "The Car". but then she refers to the transmission that keeps getting sent back to Ca. (second time)as the motor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Long story!!

Bill

[ QUOTE ]
the 66 Mustang Fastback I'm currently restoring is going by the name "Godzilla"

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe,
Here in Australia, Godzilla is the name we give to all Nissan Skyline GTRs. They became the definitive Japanese monster in the 80s after blowing away everything in its path on the race track. I assume that your Mustang has no Japanese blood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My GT40 is just called The 40. It shared a stable with The 6 (a Triumph TR6) and The 5 (a Mazda MX5 also known as the Miata). In the past I also had The 2 (Toyota MR2) and The J (a Holden FJ - an Australian classic).

My wife calls it divorce. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back