Votes: 32 18.9%
  • 5' 11"

Votes: 40 23.7%
  • I don't really fit in my GT40

Votes: 30 17.8%

• Total voters

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
I am 5' 8" - recently while speaking to three other GT40 owners I realized that I was much taller than they are - felt unusually good. I am usually the shortest in the group.

In fact one of the guys I was talking to got out of his car and almost didn't have to bend over while walking out from under his open door! Just kidding, but it was close.

Which got me thinking - as a group we must be much shorter than, say, the Cobra guys....

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Some more voting options would help. :)

I'm 6' 2"

And I fit, barely, with some seat mods, pedals all the way to the front, etc.

Kirby

Malcolm

Supporter
1/8 inch under 6 ft and fit no problem. I agree, you need more voting options as you may be surprised how tall some guys can be and still fit. On Tuesday I had two 6ft 4 inch passengers but fortunately I was only taking them one at a time!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Some more voting options would help. :)

I'm 6' 2"

And I fit, barely, with some seat mods, pedals all the way to the front, etc.

Kirby

At 6' 3" tall - I echo your message and raise it an inch...

I've not even sat in mine yet but Fran assures me that I will fit just fine and without a Gurney Bubble...

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Same as Randy: 6' 3"

The available poll choices will certainly screw the statistics!

Also Pat, don't a lot of Cobra guys graduate on to 40's? Do you think they shrink when they become '40 owners?;)

Cheers

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Sorry about the choices - there are 10 options offered and, based on what I have seen, I decided to go with the 5' 3" to 5' 11" stretch.....I really didn't think there would be any real big guys doing this!

I see a couple of guys at 5' 4" so I'm glad I started down there -

I also figured that if there was anyone outside the parameters listed they would speak up.

I was right!

I'm waiting for the guy who is 4' 11" to speak up.

Russ - yes!

6'4"

No Gurney Bubble. Front Bulkhead located further forward.

I fit fine. Just like a glove, but it was made to measure!

Lance

I'm 6'5" but shrinking. Peter Ransom says I can fit in one of his DRB's if constructed with the extended footwell (100mm) and lowered seat floor options. I don't race so don't need space for a helmet. I have tried a friend's Cobra and almost became a double amputee. No legroom or space at all, but possibly a bad example. By the time you've built a Cobra, you've taken a lot of thickness out of your wallet. And the rest you fork out getting to your GT40, so you can sit quite a bit lower without that in your hip pocket.

Cheery thought,

Dalton

I am 5'7" with a CAV spaceframe and without helmet there is adequate headroom but with helmet driving aggresively I am constantly contacting the top of the door. In order to give rides to taller riders i remove the passenger seat and put a blanket on the floor which makes it just right for those over 6'3".

Steve

The new CAV's will accomodate drivers well over 6 foot, the floors have been dropped, seats are thinner and more supportive and the pedal assembly is adjustable.

Well,

I am 6-0, and when I sat in Lynn Miners MkII, I could fit inside with the door closed with a straw hat on. He does have a Gurney Bubble.

I'm only 5'6" and all these blokes sayin theyre 6'+ and fit fine has got me worried. when i get my GT40, i'm not even gonna be able to see out! (or i could use a booster seat, how embarassing!)

Joe

I am 6' and fit in my GTD with a helmet on. My floor is lowered 1" and my seats are mounted on adjusting type runners.

Hi,

6' 3" and fit in the RF fine with no gurney. I've tried other manufactures gt40s and found them too small for me(couldn't get the door shut on one of them-head was poking out to much!)

Jerry

Don't worry Joe, you "ll be able to have seat rails and proper seat adjustment and set up a very comfortable driving position, while the rest of us can't move.

Dalton

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
6'5'' Dalton I bet you would make a terrific point guard.:D
I'm 5' 9" and rapidly getting shorter and wider. P.R. made me three different thicknesses of seat cushion,
1. very slim to accommodate all size passengers,
2. One to fit me with helmet on.
3. One thicker to enable my slim and beautiful wife to drive. Used once with me sh*ting myself as she threw it sideways around the block only to get out and say, "to bloody claustrophobic, I prefer my Cooper S":mad:

She is blonde.;)

Attachments

• SCAN0004-1.jpg
    SCAN0004-1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 527
I am a short arse at 5 8" but I had a customer try an RCR on for size a couple of days ago.....

We are going to install a Gurney Bubble and make a custom seat for him.....

Attachments

• 7 footer.JPG
    7 footer.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 490
Back