Howdy!

I own a Factory Five Roadster that is a blast to drive but only a perfect weather car. Also, longer rides with not top and too much sun in Texas has been a bit much for the wife so I approached her about getting something with a roof (hoping to talk her into a Daytona Coupe). Well, she wasn't a fan of the Daytona, but she eyed a GT40 at an event and said she would prefer that to a Daytona. SCORE!

Long story short, I've ordered a Superformance and plan to have it completed with a Coyote engine. I have some questions about various options, so I'm hoping that I can make more informed decisions from the experience on these pages.

Thanks in advance!

I have P2442, which arrived Stateside on December 7th, and his now at my chosen shop being finished. Aside from the options offered by Superformance, you have made one of the two important decisions. That is your choice of engines. The other is the transaxle you plan to use. The two most commonly used seem to be the ZF/RBT and the Quaife. Neither of which are overly abundant. In addition, if you plan to track the car, they seem to have occasional 4th gear failures, especially with high torque and the wide rear tires that come when you order the extra wide body version. There are a few recent posts regarding this issue. But whichever you decide upon, I would suggest sourcing it has early as possible. If you want to discuss the Superformance options I selected and why, I would be happy to discuss my reasons for doing so. Just PM me.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I have P2442, which arrived Stateside on December 7th, and his now at my chosen shop being finished. Aside from the options offered by Superformance, you have made one of the two important decisions. That is your choice of engines. The other is the transaxle you plan to use. The two most commonly used seem to be the ZF/RBT and the Quaife. Neither of which are overly abundant. In addition, if you plan to track the car, they seem to have occasional 4th gear failures, especially with high torque and the wide rear tires that come when you order the extra wide body version. There are a few recent posts regarding this issue. But whichever you decide upon, I would suggest sourcing it has early as possible. If you want to discuss the Superformance options I selected and why, I would be happy to discuss my reasons for doing so. Just PM me.

The Quaife will be available in quantity in the US soon.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s.com P2461 - once you get your user / public name squared away, please start a build log to share more details about your GT!

Hi tom here, if you would like a bullet proof transaxle a Porsche 996, or a 997 , they will handle anything you throw at them . Flip them over ,and use the vent for a oil fill , pull out the vent with a pair of pliers, and use a greased 1/4" pipe tap for a new plug , use the original as a drain plug . Next get a
Kennedy Engineering adapter plate to tie into your Ford block . Now if you can wait 6 months Active power cars is under new ownership , you can get a GT40 made here in the states that rivals all other GT40's , I own one ,it's right hand drive with the shifter on the right . It is the only way to feel like driving the original. Call me at 321-292-9005 and I will send you pictures.

Back