i am the austrian

good evening
you are right, the gt-40-virus goes trough the world.
i am new in your forum and happy to find it, because i had a real dream, my own gt-40.
18 years ago we get 9 kits from gtd, 6 was selling from our companie as kit´s, and thre was build by me, since this time i cannot end the dream to had an own gt.
i searching the whole i-net, for looking what goes on and so i find this forum.
congratulation to you, it is verry helpfull, verry interesting and verry clearly.
you had a big family inside the forum, and i hope we are welcome to you.
my location is near vienna, i am owner from a car-repair-paint-motocyletuning-jetskidealing companie, whit less time for privat things, much time on tracks and a headfull ideas.
sorry for my english, my language is german.

regards

just ernst

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to the forum, Ernst. I'm always happy to see new members from Down Under b/c I am a fan of the Ford Cleveland line of engines and y'all from Australia had a much longer relationship with the 335 series than we in the U.S. From the information in your post I'm sure you'll be right at home on this forum and your experience with building those other GT40's will be very helpful in your new quest.

Good to have you on board!

Doug

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Guess who has a red face!!!

5150 said:
Doug,
Ernst is from Austria.......
S

OMG--my face is so red!!!

Dugly (the evil alter-ego of YerDugliness) must have taken over briefly. He does that every now and then. In fact, I think he's the one who blames the farts on the dog.

My apoligies for mixing up the Aust..... countries, and thanks to 5150 for pointing out Dugly's mistake.

Doug

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Welcome Ernst!! We are truley envious of Austrians and Germans because you have the Autobahn, which we can only dream about :-(

Don't be disheartened Doug, there are a boatload of Australians too :)

Lynn

hahaha, austria via australia, i am happy about the mistake, no matter, some part we get in usa are going to australia, then come back to austria, in the future i will say ---from the schwarzenegger-land---.

yes i love the german autobahn to, but in austria we are restrictet to 130 kmh, and our police-officers are verry good hunters, the only way to going fast is a motorcyle like mine -- a kawasaki zx10r-- first gear 160 kmh

thanks for alowed comming in, i feel very well under all this gt-40-virus-guys.

ernst

hello again
i will send you some pics from the car i re-found, it is the last car i build 18 jears ago and i want to buy him back but the price was to exsesive, so i am searching for a new projekt to ending my dream with reality -- an own gt-40--.

GTD gt-40, build in 1988/89, painted in the wrong gulf-colors because no codes, interior full leather, a cleavland-engine (i hope i am right with the name of it), all build with the parts from the kit, no modifications in the time........

ernst

Attachments

• DSC2 just gtd-40_Größe ändern.JPG
    DSC2 just gtd-40_Größe ändern.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 494
  • DSC7 just gtd-40_Größe ändern.JPG
    DSC7 just gtd-40_Größe ändern.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_1680_Größe ändern.JPG
    IMG_1680_Größe ändern.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_1685_Größe ändern.JPG
    IMG_1685_Größe ändern.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 525
  • IMG_1687_Größe ändern.JPG
    IMG_1687_Größe ändern.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 507
Hello Just,

Welcome to the forum. You will fit right in here!

Autobahn? Germany? When I first started reading this, I immediately thought of German Bier. Oh boy, grossa bier, Hofbrauhaus, bier, more bier. Where did you say you were from??? Just kidding.:pepper:

Do me a favor. Grab a bier of your favorite, and toast one for everyone.:chug:

Cheers,

good evening
i must tell you, my dream will be reallity.
on 11.06 i drive to england to get my dream-car, i found it by a member from this forum, it is a partbuild tornado, verry clean, chassis, with some options for racetrack. i dont know enough about, but i made this deal and i am verry happy about.
the same with andy sheldon from tornado, i had a good call with a friendly guy, i get all infos i need, and now i had no problems with all other parts buying, to fix the car.

whow, more then 20 years of waiting to realice this dream.
many thanks to this forum and to the people who made it, much information and sometimes the plaze to find and realice dreams.

if i had the car at home i will inform you with pics from austria.

thank you

kind regards

just ernst

good evening to italy

you are welcome, i love italy and every free-time i had i goes to ravenna, driving jet-ski with my italien friends, or driving supermoto in pomposa, or made a look trough the südtiroler-alpen, with my motocycle. great country, and verry good race-tracks. and so much people are infectet with the gas-virus and race-virus and funn-virus and......dream-car-virus.
in austria we had doctors who kill this viruses, some are policemen some are from the guoverment and some make our laws, now we are a verry clean country with no so much funn, no race-tracks, ......................

but we had much wine to dream from...............

kind regards

just ernst

Hello Ernst,

Welcome to the forum!

I think you'll find some of the friendliest and most helpful people on the 'net on this forum. Even though we all come different backgrounds and from all corners of the world, we're united by our love of the GT40, and great cars in general.

Enjoy.

Joe

To Ernst & Paolo:

While I was in Europe (mainly Germany) in 1979, I took a trip to Italy, which took me over the Brenner Pass. I remember a very tall concrete bridge near the Brenner Pass. On the bridge were signs posted for motorists NOT TO STOP ON THE BRIDGE!!! Me being the most lawful person on the planet, I thought about the legalities for a few seconds, and yep, hit the brakes and parked the car next to the side of the bridge for a look-see. As I looked over the edge of the bridge, I got major butterflies in my stomach. Not sure how tall the bridge surface was, but it was in my best interest to get back in the car, and get the hell off that bridge.

So, do you know which bridge I speak of? And how tall off of the ground it is? :yuck:

Wow, that was almost 30 years ago.:chug:

Thanks in advance.............

hi
jes, it is the "europabrücke", build in the years 59-63, 180 meter high and over 800 meter long, located over the "wipptal". i read it in a lexikon, hihih.

i drives over with a motorcycle and normaly i had no pain, but iff you knows the high and you looks right, you want to had an turbo to ride away verry fast. during driving it is realy a schock, to have nothing left and right, only air, haha.

ernst

Back