I have a few questions

First off, I'm planning on going with the RCR superlite coupe and will most likely be buying it in stages so I can get the ball rolling. What stages are the best stages to purchase together? I will most likely have no need for the body of course correct?

Another thing I'm wondering is what is still needed to be done if you buy the complete kit? On the Factory Five website it gave you and idea of what all you would need to purchase outside of the kit for the car. I imagine there are differences depending on each persons build, but is there a list for all us guys that are trying to plan ahead for everything.

Seeing as I'm 6'3" and about 300lbs I imagine I would need the gentlemens seat upgrade correct? I'm not what you call a little man. haha Anyone around my size that can attest to needing the gentlemens upgrade?

Thanks guys!

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Ted,
it all depends upon what engine and transaxle package you choose firstly.
Then is the car going to be a track only, track/street or race car??....big differences between all of these....how much of the kit do you plan to use eventually?..or do you plan on building your own interpretion and adding your own hotrod touches?

We have guys with LS WITH SUPERCHARGER, SBC and 4 barrel, SBC with Hilborn....tall deck LS engines, Coyote Ford,Lexus TT...even a rotary...

If you choose an LS based engine and Porsche trans...obviously you would need to buy these units..
NEW LS crate engines and ecu are very popular and work very well

You will also need...at a minimum
clutch , flywheel, starter motor
fuel pump, regulator, lines...(surge tank and primary pump also recommended)
ecu and wiring engine harness.
alternator/belt
seat belts
rubber coolant hose connectors between rad and our lines, also at the engine end.
Modified water pump...
Tyres

You will fit and yes you will require the gentlemans seat....

Time, money and patience....Hope this helps...

I apologize for the lack of info Fran. I plan on running the Texas mile events with the car and it will most likely run on the street a few days a month. I already have an LSX 454 forthe car that I purchased 6 months ago, so I'll only need to find the trans axle and the wiring harness. I like the street version Superlite coupe but I also really want to see the race version without the wing before I make the decision to go forward with the street tail. This is my first kit car so I will be sticking as close to your instructions as possible. I highly doubt I could come up with any ideas to bring to the table that are any better than yours.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Use a Ricardo transaxle -it'll handle the 454 just fine.

I'd forget the wiring harness and just use a carb, but that's just me =) ....... the Holley Dominator ECU seems to be the way to go today for efi. When you factor everything in - price, customer serivce, features, etc.. etc... - it comes out ahead of the fast, motec, etc....

You've sure got some balls if you want to take a car you've built over 200mph .... my courage would run out 100mph sooner, wondering 'hmmm, did i remember to use loctite on those axle bolts', hehe

You've sure got some balls if you want to take a car you've built over 200mph .... my courage would run out 100mph sooner, wondering 'hmmm, did i remember to use loctite on those axle bolts', hehe

Didn't you get pulled over for doing 120-130 in your Cobra recently? ;)

I'm a sucker for 150+ speeds and I will be quadrupole checking every bolt and nut on the car before it hits the streets.

Seeing as I live less than 30 minutes away from the worlds greatest LSX tuner(Patrick G) I plan on going efi. Not going fast though. Already have my single plain intake picked out and the guy that will be doing my DP nitrous kit. :) will most likely will go with an elbow from 6061.com and a 102mm throttle body.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Go up and see Fran and the car in person at his shop. Have a nice long conversation with him about what you want and arange for a car delivered to your requirments.

The trip is well worth it and you can leave TX early, fly into Detroit, drive a rental to his shop and be back at the airport for the return flight to TX all in one day. I have stoped by on the way home to Calif from the east coast 3 times. Easy piezy.

At the minum I would get all the bodywork, all the suspension pieces, and the chassis at the same time along with the engine mounts and engine/gearbox adapter plate as required.

Then you can start with the body and door fitting onto the chassis along with building it out as a roller before you start spending the money for a GBX and the rest of the car later as funding comes on line.

By the way...... Ask Fran about a roll cage...150MPH plus..........ya, ask about a roll cage. Get it delivered with a cage in place. This is something you don't want to go back and do later after the car is together. Away more $$$$$$$$$$ that way.

Last edited:
Didn't you get pulled over for doing 120-130 in your Cobra recently? ;)

120mph != 200mph (and he let me go w/ just a lecture, so it doesn't count, muahahahahahaha).

I wouldn't mind doing 100 in a car I built, but 200-250, errrrrrrrrrr, no, lol.

Already have my single plain intake picked out and the guy that will be doing my DP nitrous kit. :) will most likely will go with an elbow from 6061.com and a 102mm throttle body.

You've already got a single plane intake, why stop there - just add the carb =)

Btw, is it an lsx single plane intake? Because something like the mast or all pro intake will be better, but won't fit, heh.

Go up and see Fran and the car in person at his shop. Have a nice long conversation with him about what you want and arange for a car delivered to your requirments.

The trip is well worth it and you can leave TX early, fly into Detroit, drive a rental to his shop and be back at the airport for the return flight to TX all in one day. I have stoped by on the way home to Calif from the east coast 3 times. Easy piezy.

At the minum I would get all the bodywork, all the suspension pieces, and the chassis at the same time along with the engine mounts and engine/gearbox adapter plate as required.

Then you can start with the body and door fitting onto the chassis along with building it out as a roller before you start spending the money for a GBX and the rest of the car later as funding comes on line.

By the way...... Ask Fran about a roll cage...150MPH plus..........ya, ask about a roll cage. Get it delivered with a cage in place. This is something you don't want to go back and do later after the car is together. Away more $$$$$$$$$$ that way.

I'll have to check into that. I'm needing a few days off of work anyways and out of Texas so I'm gonna have to make this happen. Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what does GBX stand for?

120mph != 200mph (and he let me go w/ just a lecture, so it doesn't count, muahahahahahaha).

I wouldn't mind doing 100 in a car I built, but 200-250, errrrrrrrrrr, no, lol.

You've already got a single plane intake, why stop there - just add the carb =)

Btw, is it an lsx single plane intake? Because something like the mast or all pro intake will be better, but won't fit, heh.

I like to live life on the edge. lol Are there any Superlite's in the Mile this weekend in Beeville, TX?

Yes sir it is. Looking forward to seeing what Robert@KBX will do with the DP system. Does anyone have measurements from the top of the engine to the bottom of the glass?

Oh and Alex, what is your obsession with carb engines? Want to stick it to the tree huggers with your non filtered exhaust fumes?

All your carbs are belong to meh

rear1.jpg

lol

You can try to judge distance from this:

setup2.jpg

It's an ls1 intake manifold stacked w/ washers to reflect the height difference between it and the lsx intake manifold.

A carb w/ proper filtration is going to require a custom scoop back there. I have no idea about an elbow; if i had to guess it would require a custom scoop as well since the tb would be poking right through the window, as the window slopes down.

Hmm, looks to be about the same height as a carb at the back of it. No idea if it would fit cleanly or not (the glass is a low profile angle - it would fit underneath at the front-most part of the rear clip, but no idea what happens mid-way down where the tb is.

We shall see I guess. Thanks alex! Maybe Fran will chime in and let me know if that set up will work.

Also is there anyone that has pictures of the stages and how they come? I'm a very visual person and need to see these things.

Last edited:
Back