i introduce myself

hello everyone my name is Daniele and I am Italian, forgive my English every now and then I will use google translator, I am a car and kit car enthusiast, I have had many cars from lotus to caterham passing by porsche and ferrari, now I have an incredible corvette c6 z06. I'm here because I'd love to buy a superlight slc and get more information and advice. Hello and see you soon.

this is my baby

Attachments

• IMG-20200502-WA0029(1).jpg
    IMG-20200502-WA0029(1).jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG-20200517-WA0016(1).jpg
    IMG-20200517-WA0016(1).jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 162
Hi Daniele, thats a mad machine you have there! Where in Italy are you based? I lived in Emilia Romagna (Faenza) for a while, love the country.. missing it dearly.
The SLC or Aero are spectacular cars, but getting cars like that road legal anywhere in Europe is almost impossible technically or prohibitively expensive due to CO2 taxation mechanisms. (probably both)

Hi Jasper, i live near Brescia, Lombardia. Thank's.. my "Vetty" is amazing..the push is brutal.. but i'm in love with sl-c.. i'd like to have one.
the car cannot be equipped with the same ls7 engine and exhaust system as the corvette c6 z06 to have co2 homologation?

Hi Jasper, i live near Brescia, Lombardia. Thank's.. my "Vetty" is amazing..the push is brutal.. but i'm in love with sl-c.. i'd like to have one.
the car cannot be equipped with the same ls7 engine and exhaust system as the corvette c6 z06 to have co2 homologation?
Sure it can.. but its not the engine that's 'legalised' in most european country, rather the whole car. And there is no 'type approval' for an SL-C.

I think no-one in this forum will know exactly your Italian laws w.r.t testing and legalising a custom built/ non-certified car. You should (could) start from there, and identify what process you'd have to go through and what technical requirements. If you are very clear on those technical requirements, a lot of people would be able to build an SLC to those requirements (if it is technically feasable that is.

Back