If A GT40 isnt fast enough for you

This listing just keeps on going and going and going. I think it's at least the 3rd time he's had it up on Ebay.

Our local paper had a deal on it. Seems the FBI was interested in how he obtained the plane in the first place. Seems government surplus of this sort isn't normally sold to private individuals.

Should be interesting when the dust settles.

The Feds generally frown on private ownership of former

military, supersonic planes. There are a few of them in the

private sector, but most have been built from a compilation

of parts. Of those, almost all are owned by Chuck Yeager

type, ex-military pilots, who have a little bit of

credibility with the government. Imagine that!

Ron Earp

Admin
There are a few in private hands, more than you think. There was a list in a Private Pilot (I think, one of the pilot rags I get) article sometime last year of notable examples and it was lengthy. But I would like to know how one gets checked out and certified for Type with one of these too. I'd imagine checkout pilots for a Mig 21 are hard to find, or, if you do find them English might be a problem?

Anyone see the US Army commercial featuring "Victor"?
Born in Russia, family moved to US at age 14...now driving
an armored vehicle for the US Army....it's a global village.

MikeD

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
It helps not to be circumcised to check out on those sort of aeroplanes. That would account for the mildly pleasant sensation on take off when the reheat is selected and everything slides backwards. And would probably account the smirky grin on most jet jockeys faces. Probably even more so on a carrier...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What a day today was. A while back I told you guys about my neighbor who had his Porche motor sooped up. It has over 660 HP with 15 psi of boost to its twin turbos. We went out today with my CAV which has 365 HP and is no slouch. His car is all wheel drive. He told me that his car was worth $36,000 before he spent $55,000 for the motor and getting the body's whale tail made larger to fit over the huge inter cooler and completely repainted. He agrees with me that my CAV way out corners and out handles his car, but it stops there. When those turbos kick in your head does not get pushed into the headrest it is slammed into it. Infact every time I shifted through the first 4 gears out of 6 that I used in our exceleration tests the 4 tires would break loose and I thought it did a wheel stand when the turbos kicked in( it didn't though ) . I never looked at the speedometer only the tach. It has to easily be twice as fast as my CAV. Talk about a rush!!! I tried to get him to trade even, but I was lucky. I still have the better looking car. Fastest f<$%&@* car I have ever driven. Joe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back