Inner door pulls?

Just wondering what everyone is using for inner door pulls? I'm looking for something that is production, not home fabricated.

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Ben

In my build I used the interior grab handles that are mounted on the roof for the passengers to hang onto.

Check around a wrecker's yard and you can find some not too bulky slim ones which don't look out of place.

I had mine recovered in the same leather as the interior.
If you look on my build thread, (Dimi's build,) you can see them.

Dimi.

Ben I was told the inner door pulls from the Miata are the ones to use.
I am not sure if they were to be supplied by RCR or not, I never received any so I am not sure?
Cheers,
Grant

Has anyone installed the Miata door pulls? As I recall, the door lock is on the pull. Was there a year in which it was not?

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Ben

On my 40 I used interior roof mounted grab handles as door pulls.
There are some nice slim grab handles that look quite good.

I had mine covered in the same leather I used for the interior.

If you look at my build thread you can see what they look like.
( Dimi's build thread ).

Dimi.

Thanks Dimi and Mike. Although I was looking more for the actual mechanism that opens the latch, I think adding the straps to aid in pulling the door closed is a good idea! They've been added to my list.

Why do people suggest the Miata part?

The Miata assy was what is/was shipped with cars (mine had them) and is also the door handle that the interior door trim panel (optional part) was designed to use.

dep_4110628-Noose.jpg
Hmmm...

LOL! Or how about the fancy version?

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Hmmmm, jeep cj-7 1997. functional oh shit grips? Might have to thicken up the glass on the inside of the door?
11825.01.jpg

I been looking for something a little nicer then the Miada levers and came across these, nice but I was hoping for something nicer yet, anyone know of anything.

Attachments

• Autoloc door handle.jpg
    Autoloc door handle.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 233
I am using the pulls from a Toyota. Can't remember the exact year. Easy to find in the bone yard. The rods and levers are there as well. They are easily cut and bent to fit.The opener is located on the front bottom of the door. They come in several colors. The higher end models I believe were chromed. I wish that I had decided on the remote openers before I did my door panels. Here are the pulls. and levers.
P1010231_zpsccd8a45e.jpg

P1010235-1_zpsa8737f35.jpg

You might want to consider the remote openers as they come with most of the security systems.It is kind of nice. Hit the fob opener and the interior lights come on for 30 seconds. I added door opener buttons as well because I wanted to alter the system so the fobs wouldnot accidentaly open the door(s) while moving(like butt dialing).I set it up so that when the key is in the run position it disables the opener system, but the buttons continue to work. I also added poppers to help open the doors. With the handlles at the front of the doors, pushing them open is not at a good angle, especially for the females that might be in there. Along with the openers I added a safety open door button under the driver's side wheel well. Since I am using relays, to operate the solenoids, the safety button will work if the fobs die or the system fails, and that's as long as the battery has power. I have yet to have one die to that extent.
Later on I want to add a GPS system so the car can be tracked if stolen

Bill
P1010234_zpscc866bc0.jpg

P1010237_zps74f50a9b.jpg

GT3 RS is too fancy. Raw cable ala F40 in door cut out. Get fancy and install some vinyl tubing for hand grip. But that would come with a dripping oil line in passenger foot well too.

Back