Innov8 8 Stack

I recently purchased a coyote long block and one of Roger Higgens 8 stack manifold ,
The long block doesn't come with any manifold so no donor injectors or fuel rails .
Can any one advise what size fuel injectors I would need with this manifold??
I was thinking 47lb??

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
Search for fuel injector calculator (there are many sites) or go here https://fuelinjectorclinic.com/flow-calculator. Enter hp, # of injectors, duty cycle 80 to 90%, fuel pressure (typically around 43lbs) and if turbo, na or sc and you will get your answer, some of the calculators will give size for gasoline and E85. BTW 47lb/hr will support 650hp @ 85% duty cycle for gas. If you run more pressure you can have smaller injectors since more pressure will force more fuel out of the injector for the same duration and select injectors with more pintle spray holes, 2 better than 1, 4 better than 2, 6 better than 4 since more and smaller holes = smaller droplet size for better combustion = more power.

Rick

Search for fuel injector calculator (there are many sites) or go here https://fuelinjectorclinic.com/flow-calculator. Enter hp, # of injectors, duty cycle 80 to 90%, fuel pressure (typically around 43lbs) and if turbo, na or sc and you will get your answer, some of the calculators will give size for gasoline and E85. BTW 47lb/hr will support 650hp @ 85% duty cycle for gas. If you run more pressure you can have smaller injectors since more pressure will force more fuel out of the injector for the same duration and select injectors with more pintle spray holes, 2 better than 1, 4 better than 2, 6 better than 4 since more and smaller holes = smaller droplet size for better combustion = more power.

Rick
Thanks Rick ,I have looked at a few of the calculators , the trouble I have is I know the stock 2017 coyote is rated at 435hp I don't know how much horsepower it will make with the 8 stack manifold hence I can't make an accurate calculation
Thanks Robin H

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
The 8 stack may add 7 to 12%, if you figure 12% I think that you will be fine. Use 85% duty cycle, if the 8 stack only adds 7% the duty cycle drops a little which is fine. I don't like to be over 85% duty cycle. My Harrop Hurricane 58mm system on a (as delivered) LS3 CT 525 added 10% over 4bbl setup (no other work).

The 8 stack may add 7 to 12%, if you figure 12% I think that you will be fine. Use 85% duty cycle, if the 8 stack only adds 7% the duty cycle drops a little which is fine. I don't like to be over 85% duty cycle. My Harrop Hurricane 58mm system on a (as delivered) LS3 CT 525 added 10% over 4bbl setup (no other work).
Thanks very much Rick
Looks like 39lb should be good to 530hp 34lb Max’s out a 435hp
Thanks again

Attachments

• 4B42924B-837C-4811-ADED-068328125FFF.jpeg
    4B42924B-837C-4811-ADED-068328125FFF.jpeg
    529.8 KB · Views: 435
Back