Interesting chassis comparison

Well apparently Lamborghini have been building them like this for years. Mig welds, steel angle, RHS.........and Cable Ties!

Sure, its rigid, and it works. But for the price? Not that I need another one, but its one more reason Im buying an SL-C.

307600.jpg

I personally wont stand under a Tecalmit hoist, let alone put a 400k supercar up there!
304436.jpg

Maybe that's one of them thar kit cars!!!

Seriuosly, the comparison is very interesting. It makes the SLC look like a pretty good value.

I always think it's entertaining to be on ferrarichat.com and mention that ferraris are basically just kit cars....tube frames, plastic ties, hand made, etc. It gets quite the snooty reaction. The fact of the matter is that a lot of Italian exotic metal well into the 90s was just factory made kit cars. Instead of me or you screwing the bits together in California or Ohio it was Luigi in Modena...really not that much different....

Cliff...you mean just like Lot Of Trouble Usually Serious but these owners know the truth and dont really shy away from it as its futile....wink

Mosler, Saleen S7, Spyker etc etc ....more of the same

I think of my SL-C as a streetable racing car in component form. Nothing less, not really a "kit" car should you approach it this way. Bravo Fran for providing us a Super Car that is within the reach of many builders. Now, if many of us could keep it simple as it was intended.......

Back