Interesting Fords

Pics of fairly rare Fords, for amusement.

Attachments

• pebble%2020.jpg
    pebble%2020.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 336
  • pebble%2021.jpg
    pebble%2021.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 358
  • pebble%2052.jpg
    pebble%2052.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 376

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The last one being a Mustang concept car which I was truly in love with as a boy... But alas - once I saw the GT40, the Mustang concept fell to second place.. As I recall, Mercury had a similar Cougar concept car that was deep metallic red.. I've not seen a picture of that in many years..

The Mustang concerp car must have been styled by an Italian shop (pinin, bertone, etc.) as she's wearing fiat/ferrari dino wheels there.....

The Mustang concerp car must have been styled by an Italian shop (pinin, bertone, etc.) as she's wearing fiat/ferrari dino wheels there.....

Done by ford themselves. Those aren't the original wheels, they're replacements. There's a story behind it, something about the car was supposed to have been scrapped.

I've done some extensive research on this car last time I was at The Henry Ford. I read through a lot of documents at the archive library. Interestingly the car was not only the first mustang prototype but it was also the prototype for the GT40 according to the documentation I read.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
The Roy Lunn "Mustang I" concept car originally had Lotus "wobbly" wheels when introduced.

There are more than one of these, but only one is a full runner, the others are shells that were trucked around to shows. The powertrain is the Ford V4 "Taunus" setup that was originally the US Ford "Cardinal" design that was sent to Europe when the Ford board decided "small car, small profits" and the dealer body was not excited.......

Prototype or just that Roy Lunn (the designer of the Mustang 1) was sent to work on the GT40 project?

IIRC, it wasn't intended to be a GT40 prototype, it was just used as one after mustang development moved on to more marketable concepts.

Back