Irish Lottery

Hi Guys

Just got this scam email, I think I will ask them to donate the money to charity. The charity for people that lost money to scammers

regards

Chris.

THE DESK OF THE DIRECTOR PROMOTIONS,
The Irish Lottery
P O Box 1010
11 G Lower Dorset Street,
Dublin 1, Ireland
(Customer Services)
Ref: IRSH/5670Z6/94
Batch: 095/85/SH979

ATTENTION: WINNER

We happily announce to you the draw (#1004) of the IRISH LOTTERY online Sweepstakes International program held on Saturday, 2nd June 2007. 9.04pm, It is now available for claims and you are getting the final NOTIFICATION as regards this.

We the The Irish Lottery organizing committee are pleased to officially notify you of the status of your email application. An official notification of winning is hereby issued to you as your email promotion ticket randomly drew for the Lucky Numbers: 10,12,22,25,31,42 Bonus Number
11,which selected your email as the winner of our lottery program you have consequently won the lottery program in the first batch.

We have officially approved a sum payout of 4,829,216.00 Euro.(Four Million, Eight Hundred and Twenty-Nine Thousand, Two Hundred and Sixteen Euro). In cash credited to file KCT/99751977308/78,

your winning ticket in this category i.e Match 3 plus bonus.

You are hereby required to contact our claims agent below.

MR DEAN HARRY.
CLAIMS OFFICER)

Email: [email protected]

TEL: +44 70457 02178
+44 70457 02390
Fax: +44 70059 77139

VERIFICATION AND FUNDS RELEASE FORM
FULL NAMES :
ADDRESS:
MARITAL STATUS:
PHONE NUMBER:
FAX NUMBER:
LUCKY NUMBER :
REF NUMBER:
Congratulations from all our staff for being part of IRISH
2007 LOTTERY PROGRAM.

Sincerely,
VIVIAN KELLY (Mrs)
ONLINE CO-ORDINATOR

Hi Chris -
These things make me laugh - do people actually fall for them these days? or am I blinkered as I would have thought anyone with access to a computer would see through these now.

I agree, send the money to charity, or better still, catch the people behind the scams, lock em up for 20 years! - might dampen the prospect of them spending their ill gotten gains.

An interesting reference is to 'google search' the phone numbers they give, as they generally pop up in other such scams too....

Keith

"CONTACT OUR FIDUCIARY AGENT
NAME: SALMON GRIFFITH
(CLAIMS OFFICER)
Email: [email protected]"

A UK version, to be sure to be sure.....

Salmon Griffiths eh? A bit fishy if you ask me....... :rolleyes:

They must be pitifull scammers, they didn't even get around to asking for your account number. Oh, and if they pay out that much in prizes, its no wonder that they have to run the business on freebie Yahoo mail accounts,"It saves money so we can pay out more".

My Luck is changing now I've won a second lottery in under a month and didn't spend a penny.
regards

Chris.

EURO MILLONES ESPANA, wish to congratulate you over your email success in our computer balloting held on 30th, June, 2007 and released today 4th,July 2007.

This is a Millennium Scientific Computer programme in which email addresses were used. It is a promotional edition aimed at promoting the unity of the European Union; Therefore you do not need to buy ticket to enter for it. You have been approved for the star prize of € 950:000.00(Nine Hundred And Fifty Thousand Euros Only) To claim your winning prize you are to contact the appointed agent as soon as possible for the immediate release of your winnings:

Pacific Trust Agency Espana
Dr. Scott Morgan
Tel+34-634-080-027
E-mail:p[email protected]

(¡)Ref No: EMLES/2007M
(¡¡)Batch No: SUTO/980/TWM/EU
(¡¡¡)Ticket No: WRNM/SMI/5990
(iv)Lucky No: 10-23-44-72-80
(v)Serial No: MUOTI/82536

You must contact the appointed agent with your Full Names, Contact Telephone Numbers (Home, Office and Mobile Number and also Fax Number) via email to process the immediate payment of your prize.The Validity period of the winnings is for 30 working days hence you are expected to make your claims immediately.

Sandra Nikko(Mrs.)
(Loteria Cordinator)

there is an excellent web site (you'll have to google) where this guy plays these scammers along ( he gets them to keep visiting Western Union offices ) and the emails that pass between them are hilarious. If anyone finds it - please remind me. thanks.

They have tried to get more devious as people have learned that anyone asking for personal account data is probably a scam. By using these notes as fishing, if you reply, they string you along with all sorts of promises each time asking for slightly more personal data. Kind of like the 419 scams in Nigeria.

It is great how in the one Chris got, they try to explain how he could have won when he didn't enter!

There is a great long post on the website jpc is referring to that has a guy in the UK (Edgeware Road in London) trying to scam some university student out of his notebook computer that he posted on ebay. After a long saga, the student ends up sending a literal notebook with a picture of a keyboard taped to the front. The scammer has to pay import duty on a marked up amount ($5,000?). He is furious and tries to send the kid viruses and threatening email. A great post until the kid suddenly disappears from the site and never replies to any more queries!

I hate scammers!

Kieth

Thanks for that. Just read "The Wing Commander", havn't laughed so much since my last Terry Pratchet novel. Brilliant stuff:D

Best

John

I replied to a Nigerian email scam once. I told him I'd like to talk on the phone about it and gave him "my number". Only problem was the number was for the FBI. I doubt it worked, but I liked the idea.

Third time lucky???

ONLINE NOTIFICATION UNIT.
UK NATIONAL ONLINE LOTTERY (HOME OFFICE).
HOME OFFICE: 165 FULHAM PALACE ROAD
W6 8JB, UNITED KINGDOM.

REFERENCE NUMBER: UK/839030X2/14
BATCH NUMBER: 065/088/XY24
OUR REF: 12190/14
TICKET NUMBER: 023-1111-790-458
This E-mail is to inform you that you emerge a winner of 480,152.00 GBP
on our online draws which was played on the 30th of June, 2007.contact
our Lottery Fiduciary Agent with the below contact information.
Official (agent): Mr. Paul Dyer
Yours truly,
Sir. Stephen Smith
Group Co-ordinator

Back