Is a Heater Necessary in an Ozzy 40?

Getting the mind around the plumbing, it dawns that whilst A/C is a necessity, heating, even here in Canberra, may not be required. Canberra gets to about -2C minimum about 10 times a year, and about 8C max during the coldest days, again about 10 times during winter. At other times, the A/C will be ON!

It helps that the garage stays at about 16C year 'round, courtesy of being built into the ground.

Have a lovely Vintage Air unit bolted in, but would appreciate some local wisdom as to whether the heater needs to work.

Clive

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
If you don't have heat you could end up with a badly fogged windscreen.

Temperature wise for the occupants you will / should be fine - driven mine 200 plus miles in UK February morning 6 am about 2 degrees. I have ram air coming into the cockpit from the brake duct openings and could have done with restricting the flow (Stuff a sponge in the vent) to reduce the blast at 70 plus mph but at lower speeds no problem.

I fitted electric windscreen demisters from Car builder solutions to demist the screen - serious current draw!

ELECTRIC DEMIST HEATER DEMST

Ian

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Clive,

I cant speak to the weather in your area, but here in sunny California I use the heat a lot more than I would have though.

Back