• Yes

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 72.4%

• Total voters

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
The subject of cliques here at gt40s.com comes up occasionally.

Let's see what everyone thinks - it's an anonymous poll, so no one will know who thinks what, only the final results will be visible.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I don't think so, there are groups with specialized interests that postb but I don't see and real "Cliques"

And so groups who actually know each other and reply in a manner that may make some think they are "standoffish" but not really.

charlie c

Lifetime Supporter
Are you kidding? I visit and post on at least six car forums a day, and am semi-acitve on at least six others (like this one), and this is one of the nicest, most casual, most helpful groups I've come across. Considering that GT40 fans have by far the most concentrated focus, and that many forum members are REAL car builders and REAL drivers, it is surprising and refreshing for a non-wrenching clueless noobie like myself to be welcomed into the fold, and have my silly posts not be met with derision.

A great group of folks here!

I'd have to say no, I've had a great response form members on here, despite asking various dumb questions and driving a Cortina!
Thanks guys and keep it up.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Frankly,
There's a lot of this BS on here recently. It's probably a clique !

Who cares if there were cliques ............?
Coteries happen in every life group situation from kindergarten to work or the pub.
This is a virtual forum about a hobby, So for goodness sake get real, we are not making life changing decisions for people here.

The poll is steadying out at 20% voting YES, so should we do anything about it and presumably punish somebody ?
Or let those 20% take their ball and go home if they want to?

Are the 80% NON's a clan in denial ? some of them probably are.
So what will this vote prove or do ?

As for my own opinion you can have it here without the secret ballot :
I'm stronger than this and personally don't give a Schidt about cliques or otherwise. And if I don't like somebody, or something said I will tell them and move on with getting a life.

I am however, taking good advice from Lynn on my pedantic compulsions.

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
I personally don't find it "cliquish". But, can see how some may interpret the interaction between some members, that have been here longer/ met each other or have just shared info, as "cliquish". That's part of life my friend, I address people I know or have associations with more warmly than those I don't. That doesn't mean I deal with those in an "unfriendly" or "superior" manner, just not as warmly as those I know.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I really can't remember a serious question asked, that did not get prompt attention from this forum's members.

What more could you ask for?

Clickish.... Hell......I don't know.....or care.

Back