ISIS - Going beyond standard in a small way

Taking a look at the updated ISIS manual, we wondered how we'd facilitate an interior light that comes on when entering or approaching the vehicle. Thought about maybe feeding something from the parking light input, which is configured to trigger from the remote, but I'm not sure under what OTHER conditions the parking lights are on.

Although we want to keep it as simple as possible, what we're trying to replicate is the production car-like experience of a light coming on for a short period when you enter and exit the vehicle. Its more important when getting in, because although there's no back seat I don't like getting into a dark car at night.

It would be better if this light was connected to the front powercell, but the unused inputs still available are on the rear powercell.

Any creative. . . yet simple. . . thoughts?

Cheers,

Ruth

I don't like getting into a dark car at night.

I'd be surprised if you drove this car during the night - your roof line is lower than most OEM trucks wheel arches. It's scary enough during the day when people are awake and kinda-ish paying attention to the cars around them.

I'd be surprised if you drove this car during the night - your roof line is lower than most OEM trucks wheel arches. It's scary enough during the day when people are awake and kinda-ish paying attention to the cars around them.

It will be driven to the office, so it be driven home in the dark. . . at least in the winter.

How about an old fashioned door switch?

Dave L

Sure. I understand the switch part. Question is what port to use. Parking light is convenient and most simple, unless parking lights are also on while driving lights are on. Then that's a problem.

Unless you were saying bypass ISIS altogether for this.

The door switch approach is what I am using. Just put a standard door switch in the door and switch an open input on the Mastercell to ground when the door opens.

Then, get a programming update that says when the switch is closed, turn on the interior lights, and leave them on until the engine is started (or you press a door lock, or whatever).

This is one of the benefits of ISIS- you can do fancy things relatively simply. No relays, no complex wiring- just two switches wired in parallel on the doors.

How much easier could that be? :)

I assume you will be wiring interior lights for entry purposes, and others for general illumination purposes? For example, you might want the lights in the overhead panel to come on when the doors are opened (and close when the doors are closed or the engine is started) but leave on footwell lighting all the time.

It will be driven to the office, so it be driven home in the dark. . . at least in the winter.

I would check your insurance - most policies I've seen either strictly prohibit use of kit cars for daily activities (e.g., going shopping, going to work, etc..) or allow it but put you into the super high rate class.

I would agree.....you'll have to use a door switch, and use one of the un-used outputs from your rear PC.....then have ISIS program that circuit accordingly. I'm thinking that the programmer wasn't all that costly....worth it to have on hand IMO so that you can add circuits like this as you go and not have to worry about getting the loaner programmer all the time. Yes.....THIS is the biggest benefit of ISIS!

Why not let the key fob activate the lite for a specified amount of time.

In otherwords, when you use the key fob to unlock the car, have the light stay on for 15 sec.

ISIS should be able to program that for you.

Back