Isis threat...your thoughts?

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Well, the heathens are at it again :thumbsdown:

This time they beheaded a British aid worker...

Many say these idiots are not Muslims, that no Muslim would endorse or commit such heinous acts.

My thought is that they probably ARE Muslims, as are most in that region of the world, but that they are not pursuing this present course of action as a Jihad. This is political war for Isis, not religious.

That's what I think...interested in hearing your thoughts.

Cheers!

Doug

Well, the heathens are at it again :thumbsdown:

This time they beheaded a British aid worker...

Many say these idiots are not Muslims, that no Muslim would endorse or commit such heinous acts.

My thought is that they probably ARE Muslims, as are most in that region of the world, but that they are not pursuing this present course of action as a Jihad. This is political war for Isis, not religious.

That's what I think...interested in hearing your thoughts.

Cheers!

Doug

What pray tell is the best course of action for Jihad?

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
What pray tell is the best course of action for Jihad?

As far as I understand Jihad, it is a "religious war".

This issue to me seems to be politically motivated, not religious.

Just my opinion, though.

Doug

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
The Lernaern Hydra.
Isis , al Qaeda, Sunnis. Think of a few more in our life time. They keep on coming.
Send them off to meet their 72 virgins with as much haste as possible. I feel sad that at 67 I'm now retired and they won't allow me back in for what is going to be a brilliant turkey shoot.
Buckets of sunshine - and I mean Buckets (plural) will quieten them down for a while but again - beware of the Hydra.

(And if they want to look and behave like the Mujahadeen on the Streets of GB then they should expect the worst).

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
A bunch of yahoos in the desert with RPGs and AK47s? Sorry, don't see the huge threat.

Plus, they are boxed in. Iran hates them. Saudi won't tolerate them.

I'm more scairt of Lonesome Nutjob.

I tend to have problems accepting the validity of a religion that promises sexual favors with 72 virgins of your very own if you martyr yourself killing others to prove your faith in the religion. Not just everlasting life but everlasting tail. I would prefer 72 classic and new race cars. 72 women all talking at the same time, no thanks!

Pat

Supporter
Mr. Al-Baghdadi, head of ISIS, has stated his aim of restoring the long-expired caliphate, the original Muslim kingdom that existed under the successors of the Prophet Mohammed and at one point extended from modern-day Spain to Central Asia. "Caliph," or khalifa, means "successor" in Arabic, and by taking the title, Al-Baghdadi has declared himself the chief imam and political and military leader of all Muslims.

I'm sure that his "bunch of yahoos in the desert with RPGs and AK47s" (and all the captured U.S. armor, artillery and antiaircraft weaponry provided to the Iraqi military) should be of no real concern except of course that mass murder/genocide thing, the "see you in New York" thing, the routing of the Iraqi army thing, the capture of the oil fields in Syria thing, and of course the unpleasantness of the "beheading thing".

In order to minimize any negative political connotation on Mr. Obama's Iraq "mission accomplished moment" it is very important that ISIS be minimized as a threat to the public. So I guess what our President is calling for now is an airstrike or two in a friendly scrimmage with the ISIS junior varsity. Just this morning I saw a video of an F-18 airstrike which destroyed a truck. That'll show those yahoos!

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Uh, Pat, I'm pretty sure Turkey, Iran, Jordan, Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Spain, NATO, Russia, and so on will make sure the yahoos in the desert stay yahoos in the desert.

Funny how the "routing of the Iraqi army" ended pretty quickly once US air strikes and Kurdish forces engaged.

ISIS is an overblown threat. No different than the original insurgency, just using big words and phrases to scare ignorant Westerners and to rally up popular support.

Captured US armor? What captured US armor? Don't believe everything you read my friend....ISIS stepped into a power vacuum -- the central Iraqi government never really had control over much other than Baghdad. ISIS got its start whipping local warlords and police forces, before the US and hat is left of the Iraqi army and the Kurds could respond.

Nutjob, what's a hetro? Is that like an afro for pale white racist/sexist/fundies?

I feel a bit like David, their stuck in the desert so it shouldn't be to hard to box them them in on all sides, and have a good old turkey shoot, they don't seem to have any morals or ethics so why should we, and the prize would be the public beheading of their fearless leader,
but of course that politically incorrect and will never happen,, alls the pity.
john

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
I feel a bit like David, their stuck in the desert so it shouldn't be to hard to box them them in on all sides, and have a good old turkey shoot, they don't seem to have any morals or ethics so why should we, and the prize would be the public beheading of their fearless leader,
but of course that politically incorrect and will never happen,, alls the pity.
john

I agree...what's to say that death by rocket is any more or less humane than death by beheading? Admittedly, I'm appalled by that barbarious action, but death would be relatively quick (although, admittedly, not as quick as instant annihilation by rocket). The inhumane part is the torture that the parties who were beheaded had to endure...I agree with David's desire to drop a few "buckets of light" on their heads, although in reality I think nukes should not be used b/c of the long-term radiation effects.

When I lived in Kansas it would occasionally be necessary to have a "rabbit drive"...an action where people were stationed around a field and at a signal would start driving all the rabbits into a pen in the middle of the field by pounding clubs against the ground. Once the rabbits were penned up the individuals who had driven them into the pen would climb in with them and start clubbing the rabbits to death.

Some similar action in the deserts of the middle-east would seem to be acceptable to me...very much like the "Turkey Shoot" referenced.

Cheers!

Doug

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Doug re long term radiation effects, Hiroshima is today a thriving city.
I agree with David turn the area to glass.
I also worry about the hydra, to me that is anyone who follows the Islamic faith.

P.S. It was announced today in our press that our defence force personal have been advised not to wear their uniforms off base for fear they may be attacked by ISIS sympathisers.

Last edited:

Charlie Farley

Supporter
This won't be a ' Turkey Shoot ' far from it.. Mark the words..
Round Two is simple, to those who are informed..
Hide amongst the civilian population... it's nothing new...Jesus...
I expected more.

Back