Its under way

:pepper:All you RCR fans. I just ordered my Mk1 and I want the rest of you to know that Fran has assured me that all his time and attention from now on will be spent entirely and exclusively on my car;).......

Only those in a similar position will know how excited I am, these are going to be a long four months.

At this point the plan is looking like this; dark metallic blue, LS7 with Kinsler stacks (OK I know it should be a Ford really.........but an ally LS7 is such good value and will give a reliable nice and easy 550bhp) linked to a ZFQ (if all goes well with the tests)

At our local meet last night there were eight GT40 replicas lined up in front of the hotel for a magazine shoot, looked superb. Well done to John for organising same.

Growin' old disgracefully

John

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to the 40 family, John!

I remember well the day I was with Fran at RCR, and wrote that check. If your experience is even remotely similar, your cheeks hurt from all the shameless grinning you've been doing... right? I've since learned that this seems to be a common experience... :)

Given that you have anywhere from 10 to 16 weeks before he pops your new wheels into a container for the overseas boat ride, you could ask the man to massage your car a bit in a way similar to how Fran was contributed to Deans recently finished build or Chuck and son who have one of their own in process. Dream up some ideas and give Fran a call. The man has magicians working for him. Anything is possible.

Growing old disgracefully? It sounds to me like you're beginning to do it with style, my friend!

Best,

T.

Well, it IS an RCR GT40, so I'll let the LS7 engine slide.

Congrats on your purchase. You're going to love it.

Cheers
Bill D

Thanks Bill, Peter and T (sorry don't know your full name) Fran is poised ready to work some magic on, amongst other things, the FI system and adapting a pair of HiSpec 4 pot rear callipers that have an inbuilt handbrake (this will help in passing the UK SVA test for road use)

Best

John

An LS7 is a sweeeeeeet engine, good choice except for the Ford chassis, but what the hell. I don't know when I'll get my car (an SLC) and when I do I have so many mods to do I have no idea when I'll get if finished. I just can't leave well enough alone.....I have always been that way...it's an affliction.

Welcome to the family
I guess our status is "expecting".....does that make Fran the "mother"?

Mesa

If true then who was the father:rolleyes: Or maybe like a queen bee gets it once and then continues to produce a complete colony. Fran do tell, I'm sure in your case as you love your offspring so much that the passion must have come first?

John

We met last week when you told me your exciting news.

Congratulations.

Glad you enjoyed the evening - article should appear in next month's edition.

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Congrats John. Yes... it is a long 4 months.

Funny though.... I though I remember MReid saying the same about Fran's attention..... hmm.... anyway Congratulations.

Thanks to all for further kind comments. Rob are you telling me that Fran says that to all the girls? I feel badly misled, it was my first time as well, now I just feel spoiled:lol:

Now in the process of turning my garage into a workshop, also trying out the neighbours for parking space as I am still working hard at keeping the GD Cobra.

John, look forward to reading the article.

John

Obviously, lots of you have had a good time with Fran, but did he respect you in the morning?

But back to the thread, should be an exciting time while you wait for your Mk 1, John. Wish it was mine. The expectation and waiting is probably half the fun.

Dalton

Hi John

its nice to know that once you sat in my RCR demo car at the Detling and Stoneleigh Shows all those months ago and the in-depth discussions we had, have brought you to this fine decision.

I am sure your car will be an exemplary example of the mark and we welcome you to the RCR family.

regards

Chris Melia

RCR. GT40 UK agent.
Tel 01638 510136.

John.....

LS7 installed ....

Headers almost done......

Kinsler system arriving by weeks end......

Brembo handbrake calipers sorted

Shipping next week......

Attachments

• misc....feb 08 023 (Small).jpg
    misc....feb 08 023 (Small).jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,082
  • misc....feb 08 039 (Small).jpg
    misc....feb 08 039 (Small).jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,088
  • misc....feb 08 057 (Small).jpg
    misc....feb 08 057 (Small).jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,087
Fran

been away a few days, saw your private mail (post that is!).

Rarely at a loss for words so here goes.........oh my oh my oh my oh my

Yeehaaaaa!!!!

Talk soon

John

Back